Renting a Tesla?

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
I'm taking a trip to Montana this summer and there is a severe rental car shortage and I'm not able to get a reservation through the traditional car rental companies. My plan B is to rent a car through Turo.com. Since I have only peen a passenger in a Tesla, I figured I would try and rent one while I'm there to get a feel for how they drive. Unfortunately Turo does not have any Teslas listed for my destination/dates. It is a long shot, but does anyone know of any Tesla specific rental sites that I'm missing?
Sponsored

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
My wife and rented a performance model 3 for my birthday weekend in California and had a blast. We did it through Turo, and I don't know of any other sites besides Turo, but they probably exist.

OP
OP
JJ_Tex

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. There are tons available in the Dallas area, but nothing currently in the Whitefish, MT area for pickup/drop off at the airport. If I cant get a Tesla on Turo/another site, there are some cool looking Jeeps and other cars available that would be fun.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Where are you leaving from? That's your biggest limitation.

There are a more than few 'rent a tesla' or 'rent electric' independents out there, you have to really dig down into Google to find them, though.

But when you do! That's how I ended up renting my spouse a Model S Performance for a week in Boston a couple years back (and why she supported my Cybertruck obsession ^-^ )

Good luck!

-Crissa

OP
OP
JJ_Tex

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Woohoo. After searching quite a bit I found a kayak rental place that is taking advantage of the rental car shortage and has a Model Y that I was able to rent.
Sponsored