Report: Vaporware Tesla Cybertruck Deliveries Delayed Until 2023

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I can't resist .... I called it back in June 2020, on my thread here in Cybertruck Owners Club, and had a number of doubters. I would have liked to have been wrong on that prediction, but I called 2023. Tesla just wasn't keeping up with an anticipated timeline that one would expect for them to be moving at such an ultra-aggressive schedule.
Does this mean you believe this fake news? I guess Barnum was right.
Advertisement

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately it's 2023, no fake news there
Confirmed. You have fallen for the FUD. Cybertruck deliveries have NOT been delayed until 2023 by Tesla (and Tesla is the only entity that can delay them).

You need to learn how to rely on reliable sources (also known as separating the wheat from the chaff).

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
“We follow the best practiced in automotive journalism. Our mission is self-funded by advertising revenues, hosted on our news website and we follow the highest ethics in our news coverage. We do make correction, provided references to our sources and provide a platform for diverse voices in our automotive news coverage.”

Torque News’ About Page
I've read and watched a few videos from Torque News and this is the first "slam piece" about Tesla I have seen. Been a few weeks since I have read anything or watched any vids there until this piece.

I don't know why but something seems off here - meaning the slam. Something tells me there is a reason for this, maybe Elon didn't didn't invite Armen Hayeyan to some event?

Again most articles or vids in the past were much more positive(about Tesla) that I remember. Although AH didn't write the piece he allowed it to be on his site.

Strange world of Journalism.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Confirmed. You have fallen for the FUD. Cybertruck deliveries have NOT been delayed until 2023 by Tesla (and Tesla is the only entity that can delay them).

You need to learn how to rely on reliable sources (also known as separating the wheat from the chaff).
Unfortunately, there are really no reliable sources right now.

Tesla's very vague "2022" leaves open a lot of room for interpretation. The few tidbits we have suggests that there won't be many deliveries in 2022. Maybe as bad as a few token deliveries to save some face the way Rivian pushed out a few trucks this month. Even that assumes no further delays.

I'm not suggesting deliveries won't start until 2023. But failing some more concrete word from Tesla, we're all pretty much in the dark right now. I'd sure love to hear 4680 cells are coming online and see some cybertruck castings laying around Texas.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Reaction score
Vehicles
21model3,,71F250,88Dakota,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
some FUD is needed for the short sellers with the end of this quarter drawing near - that's the origin of the article for sure.
Great! I am just waiting for some short sellers to offer up discounted Tesla stock! I'll buy it!

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Tesla's very vague "2022" leaves open a lot of room for interpretation. The few tidbits we have suggests that there won't be many deliveries in 2022. Maybe as bad as a few token deliveries to save some face the way Rivian pushed out a few trucks this month. Even that assumes no further delays.

I'm not suggesting deliveries won't start until 2023. But failing some more concrete word from Tesla, we're all pretty much in the dark right now. I'd sure love to hear 4680 cells are coming online and see some cybertruck castings laying around Texas.
Well there may some uncertainty here but I would suggest most of it comes from unsubstantiated rumors and anonymous sources. Only Tesla can announce deliveries are delayed until 2023 and they haven't done so. Cybertruck is still scheduled for 2022 and the rest is low quality noise.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'd sure love to hear 4680 cells are coming online
Somehow I think the 4680 cells have been problematic getting production at scale and continue to be.

and see some cybertruck castings laying around Texas.
Maybe once the IDRA 8000 ton press gets installed at Giga Texas we might start seeing some.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
“We follow the best practiced in automotive journalism. Our mission is self-funded by advertising revenues, hosted on our news website and we follow the highest ethics in our news coverage. We do make correction, provided references to our sources and provide a platform for diverse voices in our automotive news coverage.”

Torque News’ About Page
self funded by advertising revenues.....explains the angle of coverage didn't It?

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Somehow I think the 4680 cells have been problematic getting production at scale and continue to be.

Maybe once the IDRA 8000 ton press gets installed at Giga Texas we might start seeing some.
70-80 % yield ain't bad, and the issue to resolve is engineering, not chemistry ie production line quality....I wonder what their yield target is?

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

Tesla has ALWAYS said ramp up in 2022.... pretty simple.

Diehard

First Name
D
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Frontier, CT2
Country flag
My great granddad was big bad ass dude that on several occasions had taken out 10 to 15 men single handedly. People learned over time to stay away until he converted to a non-violence religion. Then it was open season On him. Every snotnose kid in the village with a rock or a shovel in his hand would beat up on him with no consequence. Like him, Tesla is silent with no reaction to any of these rock throwing. on top of that there are 1.5 million reservation holders frustrated and desperate for news. That makes any controversial opinion piece an automatic sell. Something you would use if you need a boost in the ratings. With Rivian and Ford giving test drives to people while we are sitting here still unsure if 4680 is going to pan out, we are easy target. This article has nothing valuable yet I am sitting in a beautiful lake front cabin in Maine on my vacation reading it and discussing it. They would be crazy not to write them.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
My great granddad was big bad ass dude that on several occasions had taken out 10 to 15 men single handedly. People learned over time to stay away until he converted to a non-violence religion. Then it was open season On him. Every snotnose kid in the village with a rock or a shovel in his hand would beat up on him with no consequence. Like him, Tesla is silent with no reaction to any of these rock throwing. on top of that there are 1.5 million reservation holders frustrated and desperate for news. That makes any controversial opinion piece an automatic sell. Something you would use if you need a boost in the ratings. With Rivian and Ford giving test drives to people while we are sitting here still unsure if 4680 is going to pan out, we are easy target. This article has nothing valuable yet I am sitting in a beautiful lake front cabin in Maine on my vacation reading it and discussing it. They would be crazy not to write them.
4680 is going to pan out - of that there was never a question - it's a matter of how soon?

Advertisement

Advertisement