Fenestrator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda CRV EX-L
Occupation
Millwork Sales
Country flag
I watched a YouTube video of Ben Sullins' ride in the reveal.

LINK:

The cabin was very nice and clean. I was worried about how the sharp roof angle would create noise at speed, but it was the large tires that howled annoyingly. I am hoping the retail version will have more basic street tires instead of the off road rally tires.

The paper dashboard is a concern, but as others said, it hopefully has a hard protective surface against water and UV damage much like a Formica counter top.

I saw the driver's knees up at a angle that looked like the seat was low to the floor. Any one care to comment on seat height? All in all, pretty exciting.

Finally thank you all for the informative and kind replies. Tesla folks are interesting people and I look forward to joining the family.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Devix

First Name
Fabrizio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
I was at the unveil but unfortunately I couldn’t test ride.
I think that the inside is the part that is the most prototype. No airbags, no glovebox, no usb, nothing. There is a lot of space and the seat should be fully adjustable.

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
The CT we saw is a Pretty early prototype, Nothing is really final. So we have to wait quite some Time to see the real deal.

Cyberpartyboy21

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Buick Enclave
Occupation
Soon to be retired
Country flag
This prototype is super cool as it is, but by the time the final product is made, it will be beyond awesome. From what I understand, this prototype model was put together very quickly for the reveal. I think we are almost looking at a cardboard cutout in comparison the final. Can't wait!

muadib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Country flag
I hate to say it, but the final Cybertruck will look nothing like the prototype. I just hope it remains stainless steel.

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
I hate to say it, but the final Cybertruck will look nothing like the prototype. I just hope it remains stainless steel.
I disagree. Tesla has a pretty good track record of keeping looks of released vehicle pretty close to the prototype. Stainless is all but guaranteed. That’s a MAJOR feature. Will there be changes? Sure! It’s unlikely the government will allow mirrorless cars by then (I hope, but doubt it will happen) and it’s gonna have to have wipers (no way those laser wipers are going to be on the Cybertruck, those are “wishful thinking”) at least. But to say it will “look nothing like” what Tesla showed is a huge exaggeration. IMHO. :) I was wrong once before. :)

muadib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Country flag
I disagree. Tesla has a pretty good track record of keeping looks of released vehicle pretty close to the prototype. Stainless is all but guaranteed. That’s a MAJOR feature. Will there be changes? Sure! It’s unlikely the government will allow mirrorless cars by then (I hope, but doubt it will happen) and it’s gonna have to have wipers (no way those laser wipers are going to be on the Cybertruck, those are “wishful thinking”) at least. But to say it will “look nothing like” what Tesla showed is a huge exaggeration. IMHO. :) I was wrong once before. :)
Time will tell, but I hope you are right. The looks of the CT has started to grow on me. Now I have to convince the wife.
Sponsored