"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

RickJ19Zeta8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck (soon_TM), Model 3
Country flag
While we don't have all the specs, configurations and prices yet. It can be assumed based on the current Quad motor, that the new Quad motor will only do 2.4s 0-60 on sticky summer only tires. The Tri-motor does it on A/T tires, and will probably do it faster on summer tires. Not defending or dismissing. Just trying to compare apples to apples.

I mean, its still batshit fast any way you slice it and congrats to Rivian. I do really hope they're no longer loosing money on every truck sold after this update. So they can survive long term.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
While we don't have all the specs, configurations and prices yet. It can be assumed based on the current Quad motor, that the new Quad motor will only do 2.4s 0-60 on sticky summer only tires. The Tri-motor does it on A/T tires, and will probably do it faster on summer tires. Not defending or dismissing. Just trying to compare apples to apples.

I mean, its still batshit fast any way you slice it and congrats to Rivian. I do really hope they're no longer loosing money on every truck sold after this update. So they can survive long term.

96Kopper02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
2.59 second 0-60 on warmed up street tires vs 2.6 seconds on AT tires for the Beast….I bet the beast beats it on warmed up street tires. Plus those headlights will always be Fugly.

MilliVanilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S Plaid, F430
Country flag
Remember the old days when people would see an economy car and ask where do you put the batteries? Now the fastest vehicles are electric. And not just slightly faster—they're far, far faster, and at the same price. I'm glad to see Rivian and Tesla competing here—even if it's often just for bragging rights—because it brings awareness to EVs, which helps all of us.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
2.59 second 0-60 on warmed up street tires vs 2.6 seconds on AT tires for the Beast….I bet the beast beats it on warmed up street tires. Plus those headlights will always be Fugly.
Can you link that beast video plz?

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

someccie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Beast
Occupation
Network Dude
Country flag
I'm sure Elon will release an upgraded performance kit with brakes and sport tires so it will take the Beast faster than 2.6 seconds to take the throne from Rivian because he can. The Beast has enough power; it's currently limited by the A/T tire rating and the brakes.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I'm sure Elon will release an upgraded performance kit with brakes, sport tires, and a faster acceleration mode, so it will take the Beast faster than 2.6 seconds to take the throne from Rivian because he can. The Beast has enough power; it's currently limited by the A/T tire rating and the brakes.
You think the reported horsepower was reported lower on purpose? And idk what to make of their torque rating lol

CarMan ElecTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
Many videos online now... definitely a tough competitor with all the refinements, effectively at your door this Sep/Dec as the configurator is active now…

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, CT AWD
Country flag
Not sure it matters. The new R1 quad doesn't exist yet and with Rivian hemorrhaging cash there is a chance it never exists. With the Rivian factory shutdown, which feels like it was longer than planned, this quarter the losses will be epic. They had 4-5 quarters of cash at the old burn rate, good chance they chewed through 2 quarters worth in three months which makes it dicey to get to the end of the year/into Q1 with working capital needs.
Sponsored