Robotaxi Cybertruck fleet with Income Generation Purpose?

Roger

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Occupation
Insurance Broker, Investor/Trader, Future RoboTaxi fleet owner.
Country flag
Is anyone planning to buy a Tesla with the sole purpose of earning income from deploying it as a robotaxi? According to Tesla it could earn you as much as $30,000 per year.
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Yes, when the tech is proven and there is a need in the location where I live. Not looking to be rich of the side hustle, transfer day to day operation to my son until the need declines or the supply over saturates demand.

Key questions:

1. Liability in an accident caused by FSD
2. If/When and accident occurs, does Tesla send a representative to the scene or I am responsible to go
3. Require license drivers to assume control?

If so
A. How valid license drivers are verified?
B. If driver takes over, whose insurance kicks in?
C. Under the influence drivers, how to do the due diligence to prevent and if so, would losing the club scene impact earning potential?
D. If license driver books, underage sits in driver seat and takes command.

I do not think I would be ready until the tech is advanced enough to remove the steering wheel. Then the cars will be ferrying passengers and act as mobile billboards, send the car in to protests for causes I believe in but not enough to put on pants to go join.

Tons of potential, and my Cybertruck will lead my cloned drone 3 army. (Yes, Star Wars themed music on external speakers)

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I also hope to use FSD, when tech is ready, to drive me home so I may enjoy a cocktail.
I wonder if you can hire your own Tesla to get you home from the bar with FSD and not need to have tons of insurance.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
If I am getting pulled over, can I quickly book my ride and make Tesla pay for the ticket?

K Doc Brown 007

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion & 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
I think It’s nieve to believe the technology will be in place by delivery. I know we all like to dream, but financially one should make decisions with what is definitive. Robo taxi at delivery is not definitive. Just my opinion. Maybe I’m too practical ?‍♂

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Agreed Robotaxi will not be ready at delivery. If I thought it would, I would buy a 3 while waiting on the CT.

Currently, FSD performs at a level to ease my daily commute. Eyes are wide open.

benj0hn

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3
Occupation
Media Librarian
Country flag
with the increasing trend of airBNB houses being used as party venue then trashed, cannot think of the near future to trust anybody driving an asset too powerful to cause havoc.

GvJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Dealer
Country flag
If FSD Robo is a go i'm all in! One Model 3 and 2 CT on deposit. For a $200 fully refundable deposit I have 2-5 years to examine what to do with 2 CTs when and if FSD gets rolling. Besides the cost of FSD is $7000 today, what will it be in 2-5 years from now?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Anyone thinking that he is going to pay for his CT by putting it into robo taxi service needs to think about this but he shouldn't have to think long or hard. You can't have robo taxi without Level 5 autopilot and the technology for that is probably 10 years off at least. It may never be achieved.

Once Level 5 is technically feasible the regulatory approval process can begin. Another 10 years? Autopilot will eventually have to make decisions which will result in either the death of the passengers or someone on the street. What should it do if
A)The people in the vehicle are cardiac surgeons on their way to operate on a nice little girl and the people on the street are homeless on the way to pick up their welfare checks
B)The people in the vehicle are the homeless on the way to pick up their welfare checks and the people in the street are the cardiac surgeons.

It's a rhetorical question. Tesla would need to develop some sort of arrogant aura sensor but I hope you all get the point that the regulatory bodies will have to address questions like this. A much simpler that this is how many 9's reliability do we need but that is not an easy question to answer either?

Then comes your insurance company.

If you expect to make money with your CT you are going to have to become a Lyft or Uber driver.

Feel free, of course, to use a much more optimistic interpretation of the current state of the art in order to justify the purchase to your wives.

Last edited:

WACKER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Toyota Longbed
Occupation
Garbage man
Country flag
Mine will be a work truck all the way.

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Is anyone planning to buy a Tesla with the sole purpose of earning income from deploying it as a robotaxi? According to Tesla it could earn you as much as $30,000 per year.
That's my plan for my model 3.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
When do you think you might start?