Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
POS Subaru
Occupation
Welding Engineer
Country flag
Don’t have time to read the whole thread but here’s an idea. Hopefully this hasn’t been talk about yet.

Is it possible that Elon wanted to thoroughly test the gigapress before Tesla paid to ship it? I really doubt this rumor Is true too, but IRDA did have the whole press put together, why not try it out? I know then he would have to ship all the castings and stuff but still doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me.
Sponsored

Farmer

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
POS Subaru
Occupation
Welding Engineer
Country flag
Don’t have time to read the whole thread but here’s an idea. Hopefully this hasn’t been talk about yet.

Is it possible that Elon wanted to thoroughly test the gigapress before Tesla paid to ship it? I really doubt this rumor Is true too, but IRDA did have the whole press put together, why not try it out? I know then he would have to ship all the castings and stuff but still doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me.
Think I’ll just reply to myself so you guys don’t have to and make myself feel good.

Actually, yes. This is def what happened. Great idea self.
Seriously how effing cool would this be if true. Salivating over here.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

Think I’ll just reply to myself so you guys don’t have to and make myself feel good.

Where did you see that IRDA actually tested Cybertruck casting?

Farmer

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
POS Subaru
Occupation
Welding Engineer
Country flag
Where did you see that IRDA actually tested Cybertruck casting?
I definitely didn’t see that they made any castings but we do know that they fully assembled the gigapress in Italy before shipping it. Sorry, I wasn’t very clear.

I’m just thinking it would maybe make sense for them to just make a few castings in Italy since they already had it operational. I mean there is definitely tons to do after they make the castings. Seems like it would really speed up the whole process.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I definitely didn’t see that they made any castings but we do know that they fully assembled the gigapress in Italy before shipping it. Sorry, I wasn’t very clear.

I’m just thinking it would maybe make sense for them to just make a few castings in Italy since they already had it operational. I mean there is definitely tons to do after they make the castings. Seems like it would really speed up the whole process.

Yes, actually making Cybertruck casting while at IRDA factory would speed up Cybertruck ramp but I have not seen any evidence of that happening.

IRDA has said before that they do a test assembly before shipping but not actual casting.

Maybe IRDA does not do actual casting at the factory because they might not have a aluminum melting system there and the casting molds used by customers are too big and expensive to ship back and forth.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Love the idea. But its not even needed. Tesla can make the truck with multiple smaller castings. It’s just a bit slower to assemble, likely a tiny bit weaker, and a little heavier (100 pounds or less not enough to notice for most uses). Or they have CNC machines that can turn out entire pieces which would be just as strong and precise… but they are very slow compared to the GP.

samroy92

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
samroy.io
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, CT Tri/Quad FSD
Occupation
Head of Technology (SW, DevOps, IT, Security)
Country flag
Don't shoot the second messenger 🫡

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Yes, actually making Cybertruck casting while at IRDA factory would speed up Cybertruck ramp but I have not seen any evidence of that happening.
Maybe this is what I tracked coming in end of Sept. That'd be INSAEN amounts of casts however ha

This is quite unlikely. They don't have the molds, unless Tesla sent them there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Sure it isn’t someone reblogging the first Message
I think they’re trying to build anticipation for December semi announcement. Or, get Elon to say something early

Not that he usually responds to these things, but… he didn’t say no yet. Not saying that means deliveries per day but I still greatly believe announcement is imminent (12.1)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
For what it’s worth, the second post is from a Tesla Owners club with some history. Though I don’t know if they’ve ever broken and rumors before. Still kind of think it’s just the same source.

Kind of like how that one guy fooled half the internet into thinking the Gigapress was in Texas already. I think if he’s outed at an IRL event there will be a lynching.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Kind of like how that one guy fooled half the internet into thinking the Gigapress was in Texas already. I think if he’s outed at an IRL event there will be a lynching.
You mean me? Ha

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The 30 trucks… very consistent with previous launches. For example Model X Plaid was first spotted in the wild in July of 2021 and customer deliveries started in December of 2021. So if they are launching middle of 2023, beta trucks on the road end of 2022/ early 2023 is consistent with prior launches.

The Model Y 4680s were sneakier, but people spotted what they suspected where 4680 Plaids based on VIN numbers I think. Pretty sure every model has a tiny beta launch where a few cars are in the wild.

GM and Rivian call that “Start of Production”.

Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
if 30 are delivered and some of them fall in the hands of famous influencers on social media, IF CT holds up with its premises or it's even better, like Musk repeats over and over, all papers, tv and internet are going to talk about CT for a long time
Sponsored