Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am using digital display material linked to all cameras. The opposing panel will show the camera’s footage. Mode engaged when speeding as to have a visual cloaking device.

What could go wrong if I cannot be seen?
Matte black at night. Now if I can just figure out how to shut the damned headlights off.
Sponsored

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Matte black at night. Now if I can just figure out how to shut the damned headlights off.
I fail to see the attraction to being nearly invisible on country roads especially when there may be lots of shadows from trees and terrain in the background. Myself I want to be lit up like a Christmas Tree in December and sparkly as all get out so the sucker that pulls out in front of me will see me as his last image bearing down on him and remember it and feel it and regret for the rest of his life, however long that may be. No surprises. Nope.

Besides that I am lazy, dark colors draw attention to dirt quicker that light colors.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I doubt it actually fool drivers. I'm not even convinced it was all that effective on ships.
" ... not even convinced it was all that effective on ships."

You're right. Crew on warships were extended-period captives on moving targets. A major purpose of the paint job was to make them think their target would be hard for the enemy to see.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I fail to see the attraction to being nearly invisible on country roads especially when there may be lots of shadows from trees and terrain in the background. Myself I want to be lit up like a Christmas Tree in December and sparkly as all get out so the sucker that pulls out in front of me will see me as his last image bearing down on him and remember it and feel it and regret for the rest of his life, however long that may be. No surprises. Nope.

Besides that I am lazy, dark colors draw attention to dirt quicker that light colors.
I don't ghost drive it was a poor attempt at humor.

I think I mentioned one of my big ideas about skins is to do a matte black bottom half and leave everything above the fold stainless. Giving the illusion at night of a flying saucer blazing 3 foot off the ground on a pillow of red and white light.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I had a matte black car.

Cops sure liked to pull me over for BS. Somewhere over a dozen stops, two tickets, only one moving violation.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I had a matte black car.

Cops sure liked to pull me over for BS. Somewhere over a dozen stops, two tickets, only one moving violation.

-Crissa
Here I was thinking black would be less likely to attract Johnny Law's attention.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The moving violation was that I got cut-off by a school bus speeding in a convoy. So I got a ticket for 'following too close'.

-Crissa

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I am using digital display material linked to all cameras. The opposing panel will show the camera’s footage. Mode engaged when speeding as to have a visual cloaking device.

What could go wrong if I cannot be seen?
You'll finally know what it's like to ride a motorcycle? :cool: