Rumors Growing Over Something Coming on 12/9 (Elon/ Numerology/ Split Rumor)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
There’s been a lot of noise lately that Musk is throwing out hints that something big is coming down the pike on the 9th of December. This tweet is sort of the heart of it.

Fundamentally… he digs into a bunch of numeric coincidences around Musk’s stock sales and some other comments he’s made.

I honestly have no idea how realistic it is that Musk would drop these kind of hints. Apparently there were some crazy weird “coincidences” before the previous split.

My feeling on this is the theory has enough momentum it may well drive share prices even if it turns out to be false so I’m doing some short term plays which I plan on cashing in half prior to the date and half after.

Not advice… just a curiosity of the market.
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Here's the thing about playing in the math sandbox. Numbers have all sorts of interesting properties and one can find all sorts of "coincidences" therein. Enough to turn a sandbox into quicksand.

By golly, it is fun though. And watching a numbers master play with the numbers is absolutely mind-boggling.

So is there some significance to 12/9? Who knows. Elon is smart enough to make this happen. But others are mathematically inclined enough to find these kinds of patterns.

So which is it?

Only time will tell.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So is there some significance to 12/9? Who knows. Elon is smart enough to make this happen. But others are mathematically inclined enough to find these kinds of patterns.

So which is it?
I just find it fascinating and figured I’d pass it on.

The little investment I made will break even if the stock does ok, and if it explodes like it normally does around a split, it’ll do exceptionally well.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I actually love math!

I hate numerology.
Don’t know which you’d call this.

If Musk did plant a bunch of hints in his tweets using math, then it’s math. If he didn’t then it’s just a weird coincidence. You might enjoy the thread because if it is a math puzzle he put together, it’s a bit of a doozy.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I actually love math!

I hate numerology.
I make a distinction between man-made numerology vs religious/coincidental numerology.

In the case of this thread, Elon is smart enough to be able to set up and execute all the necessary steps needed for the scenario as presented. I find it interesting to imagine and respect the abilities of those able to design or sleuth out the patterns. In my mind, this is just another game with domain specific rules.

Now if we start down the path of something akin to the Bible code or astrology, I’ll be out.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Musk posted this image which some suggest shows the last Viking Raid from 1209…

Last time there was a split, Musk‘s prelude was a post “The share price is too high” at 8:11 pm, then on 8/11… the stock split.

This time I don‘t think there have been any references to share price. So it might just be hinting that Texas and/ or Berlin will start production on 12/9. Or perhaps the announcement for the $25k Tesla. If anything, his hints have hinted about something launching rather than a split.

Or that the Cybertruck beta/ preview will be on 12/9….

Maybe all of these things one the same day.

Cyber25kSplitLaunch day

To make the split a little less likely, a split would require a shareholder vote so the most they could do is announce a split “Pending shareholder approval”.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ref: Investing in Amazon Stock (AMZN) (investopedia.com)

FAQs
Has AMZN ever split its stock?

Amazon has split its stock three times:
  • Sept. 1, 1999: a 2-for-1 split of common shares. [NOTE AMZN HAD NO MORE SPLITS SINCE Sept. 1, 1999 > 22 years ago WHY?]
  • Jan. 5, 1999: a 3-for-1 split of common shares.
  • June 2, 1998: a 2-for-1 split of common shares.20

Does AMZN pay a dividend?
No it does not pay a dividend.21

How many shares of AMZN stock are there?
As of July 21, 2021 Amazon had 506,440,520 shares outstanding.22
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

TESLA Today 19th Nov 2021 $1,137.06 + $40.68 (+3.71%)
Market Cap1.142T

Amazon Today 19th Nov 2021 $ 3,676.57 - $19.49 (-0.53%)
Market Cap1.865T

Why Tesla would want to appear to be less valued by being cheaper on the market or even cheaper by spiting some more the Tesla stocks?
I am not sure a split is coming soon given the competition within the space venues. I believe Tesla stocks prices with reach Amazon based on real profits and productions soon enough naturally. The next year end results will soon show were things are going in the next couple of years. They are likely going to the moon as new Giga Factories ramp-up including, the amazing IDRA technologies, batterie production and chip integration into the Tesla's SW/HW. Just my 2 cents!

Personally, it is appealing to get the stock to split (more for us), but what is best for the big picture in the end? Tesla financials are visible, but not so much for SpaceX in my view. So perception is important and Bernie is not been a positive force for Elon and SpaceX unfortunately. Ref: Why Does Bernie Sanders Think Billionaires Should Get Out of Space? (reason.com)

Last edited:

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's easier to hand workers shares when they're smaller units.

-Crissa
That may be true, but what if they deserve a bigger bonus? I do not think Amazon has a union to be honest. The "unfair" Amazon ways to me, are not comparable to the honor I have seen given by the behavior from Tesla and Elon to their employees. And yes, this is not just about cars, it is about space and the future of humanity. I was disappointed in Bernie's statements today about Elon and SpaceX/Tesla.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Bernie's speech made no sense at all. We've always bought rockets from private manufacturers.

Like I said before, SpaceX : NASA :: Boeing : Pentagon

It's just that now the rocket companies have more customers than just NASA. And that's good!

And this whole thing people keep treating Elon's wealth as if it were separate from the companies he's grown. Elon wouldn't be a billionaire if SpaceX and Tesla weren't so spectacularly successful. He's not 'a billionaire who created these companies' - he's a billionaire because he led these companies.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I could be wrong, but isn't there a board meeting in Dec? And the next one is in Feb.

Perhaps tied into a board decision.. and that is likely a share split.

Personally, I dont trust Musk, in that whatever he says is 6 chess moves from the truth, Maybe his stock sales was to take heat out of the stock price, as they know the next month or so, production numbers will surface and the stock price will naturally rise on the back of fundamentals rather than the Hertz deal.

I'm calling it a 4 to 1 split ! :)

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Bernie's speech made no sense at all. We've always bought rockets from private manufacturers.

Like I said before, SpaceX : NASA :: Boeing : Pentagon

It's just that now the rocket companies have more customers than just NASA. And that's good!

And this whole thing people keep treating Elon's wealth as if it were separate from the companies he's grown. Elon wouldn't be a billionaire if SpaceX and Tesla weren't so spectacularly successful. He's not 'a billionaire who created these companies' - he's a billionaire because he led these companies.

-Crissa
Just modern politics. Sigh.
Sponsored