Rumors of Tesla wanting to replace Elon Musk [LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS AND TWITTER TALK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The Electric Viking posted this interesting video this morning. I haven't seen any other rumors. The Wall Street Journal did write an article about Zack a couple of days ago.

Sponsored

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I'd like Tesla's CEO to have the company's mission statement as their main goal. Accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy seems to have fallen out of Elon's top five.

FrankMcEnnis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Express, Cj5, Rockcrawler
Country flag
A lot of shareholder are pissed at Elon for selling his share after telling everybody to hold. If elon has not sold his share, they would still be worth over 300$ now. For a lot of people that a lot of money.

IMO i would like to see the vote for him to stay, to be just slightly over 50%, so he stay in place, but be reminded that he pissed off a lot of people!

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
The MSM outlets have also been going on for years about how Tesla is going bankrupt next week for the better part of a decade.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I'd like Tesla's CEO to have the company's mission statement as their main goal. Accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy seems to have fallen out of Elon's top five.
how so? ramping new factories with another in the works? mega pack?

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
A lot of shareholder are pissed at Elon for selling his share after telling everybody to hold. If elon has not sold his share, they would still be worth over 300$ now. For a lot of people that a lot of money.

IMO i would like to see the vote for him to stay, to be just slightly over 50%, so he stay in place, but be reminded that he pissed off a lot of people!
Those shares being sold were peanuts.... the drop was about the irrationality that by buying Twitter, Tesla would suffer. it was just stupidity.

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
Consider also the source of the video. That channel's credibility has taken a nose dive as of late in my opinion. Enough so that I unsubscribed a few weeks ago.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Those shares being sold were peanuts.... the drop was about the irrationality that by buying Twitter, Tesla would suffer. it was just stupidity.
A man only has so many hours in the day.

Why are we promoting channels that post unfounded rumors, though?

-Crissa

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Nothing personal against Sam Evans, as I've liked some of his content yet shook my head at a lot of his other content put out very prematurely or not very well substantiated.

When someone talks about the sheer "number" of videos they've put out - well that may not be the wisest optics. He puts out so many videos constantly, and if the approach is to blitz with quantity and not quality, that's often what you'll get. It's always a gamble when you're trying to be 'first' to put out something, but then it doesn't trend and you look like the starter of an attempted rumor fallen flat.

I bet he even could use a break because his routine is bound to keep him in front of the camera an excessive amount.

- ÆCIII

OP
OP
Sirfun

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
A man only has so many hours in the day.

Why are we promoting channels that post unfounded rumors, though?

-Crissa
If you watch the video, he is saying they would be crazy to take Elon out. But he felt Elon was accepting the criticism, and somewhat agreeing that he needs to put more focus on Tesla. Like Elon said in his tweet. I agree, Elon Tesla needs Elon to be focused and a driving force for Tesla, but also he needs to delegate, and have some strong people to work with.

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The MSM outlets have also been going on for years about how Tesla is going bankrupt next week for the better part of a decade.
to be fair, for the better part of a decade it was teetering on the edges

Only the last three years or less have proved the thesis, on the balance sheet

none of that is to critique the company, nor side with whatever “MSM” :)rolleyes:) bits you have in mind

but just the same, it would be unfair to suggest those stories (at least pre 2021) were baseless

OP
OP
Sirfun

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That's one of the qualities in Elon Musk that I like. Fear will hold you back in life. And Elon seems to live by that motto also.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.