First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wondering what Tesla will do on the CT for handling an RV brake controller. Make it a built in option or support third party boxes?

Advertisement

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
Wondering what Tesla will do on the CT for handling an RV brake controller. Make it a built in option or support third party boxes?
I’m not familiar with RVs. Do you mean a typical brake controller like used to pull trailers or a brake Controller used to tow the CT behind an RV? I‘m sure it will have a typical controller for pull behind trailers.

OP
richardlpaul

richardlpaul

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’m not familiar with RVs. Do you mean a typical brake controller like used to pull trailers or a brake Controller used to tow the CT behind an RV? I‘m sure it will have a typical controller for pull behind trailers.
I mean the brake controller to control the brakes on a towable RV

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
I mean the brake controller to control the brakes on a towable RV
The model Y tow package that Crissa linked to uses a 7 pin connector which would include the typically blue wire used to control trailer brakes so you can rest assured the CT will work great with your trailer brakes.

kev12345

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Country flag
the squeeze thingy and gain buttons will be on the screen. if there's one thing we know, Tesla hates buttons and stalks!

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Certainly there is an opportunity for Tesla to do great things in support of trailering given the powerful onboard computing with access to accelerometers, pedal position, regen system, individual wheel speed/slip data, torque vectoring and, if they put some load cells in the hitch, data on trailer mass. And indeed Musk promised that they would do some of those great things in the CT. So yes, I rather think the truck will have a built in brake controller.

Advertisement

Advertisement