Sail Pillar Storage pictures removed from Cybertruck page on Tesla.com

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor (will do quad)
Country flag
Was just looking at the Cybertruck page on Tesla.com and noticed they finally removed the Sail pillar storage images. Personally not that big of a deal for the removal but does anyone know when they removed the images of the sail pillar storage?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On the screen with the 6 rotating pictures one of them still says sail pillar storage.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
On the screen with the 6 rotating pictures one of them still says sail pillar storage.
I was going to post that as well, here’s an image, from the US website for the Cybertruck.

Tesla Cybertruck Sail Pillar Storage pictures removed from Cybertruck page on Tesla.com 9F9897CD-CFBA-41E0-B985-5991C818F665

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
This may be good news. Maybe Tesla is trying to stick with originally advertised price by keepin it simple. If we have to bring our own steering wheel, I will bring a Yoke.

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
If we have to bring our own steering wheel, I will bring a Yoke.
In other words, the yoke's on you then! ;)

Back to the OP, not sure how I feel about sail pillar storage. Of course I'm anti wasted space, wasted utility, etc. Cost cutting is all well and good, but there's a point where the cuts are too deep.

Maybe the basic vehicle could forego the actual sail pillar storage box install, and it could be offered as a Tesla official and/or third party accessory.....

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Was just looking at the Cybertruck page on Tesla.com and noticed they finally removed the Sail pillar storage images. Personally not that big of a deal for the removal but does anyone know when they removed the images of the sail pillar storage?
Only pictures I’ve ever seen of the sail pillar storage were from launch day in the background on the video. Where did they have them on Tesla’s site?

I’m pretty sure I’d have noticed them elsewhere. I think the “Missing” pictures were never there to begin with.

I’m sort of sail pillar obsessed so I’m … fairly certain I’d have noticed if there were sail pillar storage shots.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am sure I have reported seeing it on the AU website.

But also, there is nothing there now.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If so… I’d be floored. Between this site, and the millions of sites which write about the Cybertruck. I find dozens of images of those 2 crappy stills stolen from the launch day presentation and not a single other image of the sail pillar storage.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I thought those pictures were also on Tesla's CT page, but I just took a trip in the Wayback Machine (archive.org) and could not find them.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I thought those pictures were also on Tesla's CT page, but I just took a trip in the Wayback Machine (archive.org) and could not find them.
Yep hence why they're fuzzy, they never released them, they are stills taken from the presentation.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Sail Pillar Storage pictures removed from Cybertruck page on Tesla.com Capture.JPG

It still references sail pillars in the text on the CT page.
Sponsored