easytravelman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D signature
Occupation
Hard money lender. real estate and crypto investor
Country flag
Ladies & Gentlemen of the cyber truck community. As we all have been waiting what seems like forever for production to begin, time is running out for us older folks. As a 2016 Model X signature Red and Tesla fan, (also have starlink), and will certainly buy the phone. I have a reasonably low sequence number if we can call it that of 56,000. at my age not sure if it makes sense to wait another six months or so and spend probably $80k. I would entertain some discussion on transferring my order when the time comes.
Sponsored

Johnelrod12

First Name
Rizzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model 3
Occupation
Sales, Real Estate, Business Owner
Country flag
Ladies & Gentlemen of the cyber truck community. As we all have been waiting what seems like forever for production to begin, time is running out for us older folks. As a 2016 Model X signature Red and Tesla fan, (also have starlink), and will certainly buy the phone. I have a reasonably low sequence number if we can call it that of 56,000. at my age not sure if it makes sense to wait another six months or so and spend probably $80k. I would entertain some discussion on transferring my order when the time comes.
Contact me

OP
OP

easytravelman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hum, dubious offer from a self-styled "hard money lender".

No offence, just sayin.... ;)
no offense taken. Just up there in age. Dont' know if it makes sense to spend $100k with taxes for a few years maybe of having cybertruck. My 2017 Ram 6 cyl diesel Longhorn is a beautiful truck 27 mpg.

OP
OP

easytravelman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If nothing else buy it and flip on Cars and Bids for a crazy profit. I think $30-$50k during the first six months of production is a reasonable prediction.
Thank you good suggestion. Taxes in CA to register is probably $10k alone

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Hard to know if this is a serious post since you mentioned the phone. But I'll give you $10 for it

CyberC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR+, 2021 Model Y P
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
With an order number that "low", you'd probably be better off buying the truck and listing it on carsandbids or something. Rivians were still selling for $20k over asking 6 months after release.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
no offense taken. Just up there in age. Dont' know if it makes sense to spend $100k with taxes for a few years maybe of having cybertruck. My 2017 Ram 6 cyl diesel Longhorn is a beautiful truck 27 mpg.

Just how old are you? You have a bunch of diseases that are causing you worry of dropping dead in the next year or two? You have a secret bank vault in the casket so you can take it with you?

I ask because I see way too many people who tell me, "Had I known I would live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."

You can't take money to the great beyond with you. If buying a CT (and you are guessing it will be $100K) will cause you to live on Ramen noodles 5 times a week, then don't get it. Or any new vehicle. Live modestly and save that money to live on instead of buying a vehicle you don't need.

You do not have to pay cash for it, either. You can always get a loan and pay it off over time to keep more $ in your account in case you need the funds.

If, however, you are just worried you will not get the maximum enjoyment of the vehicle over your remaining time before you shuffle off this mortal coil; then what are you going to do with that money? What will give you maximum enjoyment?

None of us knows when we will depart. A 30 year old with a #50 reservation could die of a COVID infection a week after taking possession of his Cybertruck. My dad was given 5 years after a diagnosis of pulmonary fibrosis with the "worst lungs I have ever seen," according to the lung doctor. He outlived my step-mom and carried on another 20 years. You could live 10-15 or more years. What are you waiting for? Have you given up?

Life is for the living. Money is accumulated to make life easier and to be enjoyed. Use the CT for however long you have. Enjoy it. What other vehicle or possession will cause you an ear-to-ear grin everytime you look at it or get in it as it gets better with over the air updates?

Unless this is just a socially acceptable way to profit off of your low reservation number....

You do you. I'm old. I know what I am going to do.

Last edited:

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
If nothing else buy it and flip on Cars and Bids for a crazy profit. I think $30-$50k during the first six months of production is a reasonable prediction.
At least. R1T was getting $30k markup if I recall.

cyberboi

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
turbo
Country flag
Most people are doing the exact opposite. Nice fake story bruh.

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
My two favorite quotes..."Coffins don't have pockets"! And "You never see a Uhaul following a hearse"

Buy the truck and enjoy it!..sell the other cars.

Also, the full self driving will most likely prolong your driving privileges if you are "up there" in age...I had to take the keys away from my father last year and it was not a good experience for both of us...

Last edited: