Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The Canoo folks are showing Sandy Munro behind the curtain. I like what they show.

DRIVE BY WIRE.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I like the design of those cute trucks and vans. I hope they can get past the money people. Maybe Sandy can make them seem better - analysts like him can really shift the meter on what the money guys think. (I've done that sort of background work). It's really rewarding when it works out.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Interesting that this truck is drive and brake by wire. So clearly if this is legal then CT having drive by wire and brake by wire should be perfectly fine.

Now, for a family and bopping around town or even some road trips, this thing could really work well. I'm curious how comfy those seats would be on a long drive. And I can just imagine a movie scene of a family drive with multiple kids in the back getting up and wrestling each other as the parents in front are driving.

And we find Sandy making a comment about the battery cooling system here being more to his liking than the way Tesla does it. I do like the modularity of the batteries (and everything else for that matter) but is structural battery pack is necessary to get the efficiency for my CT I will still go with that. The chances that I'll need a change in the batteries is pretty slim.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Seems there working on a Military Scout Truck Version - Carbon Kevlar Wrap bullet proof body.
Sandy took a Rubber Mallet to the body panel.

Tesla Cybertruck Sandy Munro talks to Canoo Canoo military scout vehicle

Tesla Cybertruck Sandy Munro talks to Canoo mallet to body panel

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Seems there working on a Military Scout Truck Version - Carbon Kevlar Wrap bullet proof body.
Sandy took a Rubber Mallet to the body panel.
Yeah, saw that. I wonder what the cost would be to get that body instead of the normal paint on metal. So much for door dings, keying, etc.

About it being bullet proof. Nice idea... but most of the body is covered in glass so... Not sure that bullet proof really works as well as it sounds for something like a military vehicle. But certainly better than nothing.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, saw that. I wonder what the cost would be to get that body instead of the normal paint on metal. So much for door dings, keying, etc.

About it being bullet proof. Nice idea... but most of the body is covered in glass so... Not sure that bullet proof really works as well as it sounds for something like a military vehicle. But certainly better than nothing.
Resistant. And it's just to give a moment's respite in the case of some attack. It's not a tank.

-Crissa

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
It could become a classic like the vw bus.
I am not a fan of the modularity approach. I much prefer a vehicle built with great integration. Integrated items last longer. Disintegrated modules tend to fail at the interconnection.
I'm also not sure about that glass that low in the front.... Imagine it will always be breaking...
It's a cool vehicle nevertheless...

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Ive had one of these on order for a while basically from the moment I saw one at walmart HQ (we are installing chargers for them in a few states). My intention has been to get it for my sister but she loves her Telluride and is now completely obsessed with the Kia EV9 so my brother who is completely uninterested in cars and still drives a ~ 2010 Mitsubishi Gallant with 220,000 miles is likely gonna end up with it. IF and I mean IF it materializes. Looks amazing in person.

Tesla Cybertruck Sandy Munro talks to Canoo BD7DB0AA-B613-49F0-9C08-02025EEF9A72

Last edited:

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
these seem cool and the CEO seems to know a lot and be open, nice!

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I was disappointed because Sandy said they were going to tour the manufacturing facility but there were no production lines or anything else required to do anything but handbuild them one at a time. It was just a shop without the sq. footage required to make them affordable. Don't exxpect to see these turn into reality in meaningful volumes.

It's like Elon said, prototypes are easy, manufacturing is hard, especially in volumes large enough to make them viable. It's a huge leap and a lot of work. A lot of work. A lot of work. Did I say it's a lot of work? Yeah, don't underestimate the difficulty.

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
I like this van but it’s anemic range (200 mile) and slow charging speed (100 kw from 20% - 80 %) makes it a nonstarter for most people I think. They need a 300 mile vehicle with 200 kw charging to be in the game for consumers.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was disappointed because Sandy said they were going to tour the manufacturing facility but there were no production lines or anything else required to do anything but handbuild them one at a time. It was just a shop without the sq. footage required to make them affordable. Don't exxpect to see these turn into reality in meaningful volumes.
They're putting the lines in Oklahoma City.

https://www.press.canoo.com/press-r...hicle-manufacturing-facility-in-oklahoma-city

-Crissa

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I like this van but it’s anemic range (200 mile) and slow charging speed (100 kw from 20% - 80 %) makes it a nonstarter for most people I think. They need a 300 mile vehicle with 200 kw charging to be in the game for consumers.
I would say such a van would be fine with 250-260 miles of EPA range. My concern is they will not be able to manufacture and sell them at a low enough price to remain viable. It's hard.
Sponsored

Last edited: