TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Saw the truck yesterday driving by my neighborhood!
All white.
It looked WAY better than I expected as everything I’ve seen in the media has me not liking the front and cartoonish looks.
in person it actually looked nice, upscale and different.

can’t wait to start seeing CTs in the same setting.
?
Sponsored

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
All white.
It looked WAY better than I expected as everything I’ve seen in the media has me not liking the front and cartoonish looks.

?
It's grown on me recently just watching videos of it. I still prefer the Cybertruck but the Rivian is a much closer second than I thought it was.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I see them cruising around all of the time in my neck of the woods. My favorite color combo is Glacier White with the Forest Edge interior.

After the CT it’s my #2 BEV pickup choice. I reserved one in February and have access to the early IPO which I plan on participating in.

Tesla Cybertruck Saw my first Rivian in the wild 9BB7C716-3D71-4B7A-8138-137229EAE5F5
Tesla Cybertruck Saw my first Rivian in the wild A72229E8-F72D-4174-BC26-75F4F5CB839D

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
All white.

?
that's pretty rare when they're making a couple a week

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
that's pretty rare when they're making a couple a week
They had to release some numbers for their IPO and they're averaging a little better than two a day in their first month or so.

It'll get better, but boy are they rare. Lucid Airs are in the wild now, too, about a dozen of them have been shipped.

-Crissa

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I put down a reservation for one in early September. I go back-and-forth on which I think is the better vehicle for me - which is difficult to do since we don't really have final specs for the CT across trim levels.

On the one hand, I don't need a really large truck, though I would use it if I had it. The CT seems more badass while the Rivian seems more versatile as a daily driver.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
They had to release some numbers for their IPO and they're averaging a little better than two a day in their first month or so.

It'll get better, but boy are they rare. Lucid Airs are in the wild now, too, about a dozen of them have been shipped.

-Crissa
yeah..... production numbers that don't justify what they want for stock value when compared to Tesla when they were at that same level.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I put down a reservation for one in early September. I go back-and-forth on which I think is the better vehicle for me - which is difficult to do since we don't really have final specs for the CT across trim levels.

On the one hand, I don't need a really large truck, though I would use it if I had it. The CT seems more badass while the Rivian seems more versatile as a daily driver.
Yeah, the CT speaks to me in ways the Rivian doesn't. The Rivian is great, excellent even, but a bit staid. The CT is the car my 8 year old self would have wanted.

The 8 year old wins for me.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Yeah, the CT speaks to me in ways the Rivian doesn't. The Rivian is great, excellent even, but a bit staid. The CT is the car my 8 year old self would have wanted.

The 8 year old wins for me.
I agree. I posted this before, but this is what comes to mind when I see pictures of each truck :
Tesla Cybertruck Saw my first Rivian in the wild Rivian vs CT

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hmmm… preferred reservation?

0F1A81B7-19DC-4C56-9B6D-069EB7610823.jpeg
He works for Rivian. It is in his post.
Tesla also does this, employees getting the first cars off the line, so I have read in this forum.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
To me, the Rivian speaks of a coddled, unworried world where efficiency and cost aren't thought of; just pushing the machine out of the way to do what you want. Looks over environment.

But the Cybertruck says all business. It was designed for some tasks, and took no extra to get there. It's designed with brutal efficiency and that lends it a durable look. But all that comes from the lack of additional gestures or motion. It has the nose for crash worthiness, not to look cool. It has flat planes because they're cheap. It's a wedge because that's efficient and strong.

Everything on the Rivian is custom made. I bet the rear steering components on the Cybertruck will be duplicated from the front. Maybe not so that you can swap them around at the retail parts level, but at the component manufacturer level,

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
To me, the Rivian speaks of a coddled, unworried world where efficiency and cost aren't thought of;
For a second there I thought you were talking about their attitude towards manufacturing.
Sponsored