Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I suspect that the CT is designed for more accessories and modifications than model Y.

1) Look at the number of law enforcement agencies that have moved to SUVs and interceptor-like (I.e., fast) vehicles. Trimotor CT is both fast and has the space for the stuff modern police keep in their trunks.

2) Tesla’s goal is to speed transition away from ICE. The LE segment is huge. There are numerous LE organizations that have tested and are transitioning to 3 and Y cruisers. CT with stainless steel skin makes more sense. Cheaper (in theory), more durable, no paint, 9mm resistance at 10 meters, FAST, range, adaptable, go-anywhere, storage galore. Why wouldn’t they think of the LE segment?

3) They have the “secret squirrel” team designing 48V accessories. Hmm. If they have not thought of this then hopefully their media observers read these comments and pass it on to the accessory team. That would be hundreds of millions of dollars of accessorizing left on the table for someone else.

I would be extremely disappointed in Tesla if they are not going to leap into the CT 4 LE market.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The main support for the bed was always the inside bed wall, not the outside wall of the CT. So even now with the cast it can open storage outwards. There's about 3-400l on each side that they can't use for anything else.
I dunno, @JBee - I could believe maybe a RamBox-sized cubby somewhere in here, but I find it hard to see hundreds of liters of sensible available space?

the U-Shaped casting appears to sit mid-line of the wheelwell+body+flare, and then back towards the corner the casting appears to occupy basically the entirety of the interior corner

Tesla Cybertruck Official Cybertruck Accessory store is live!! Includes: Tailgate ramp, Basecamp, wrap, franz ball decal and more 2E5C15EC-740B-46D0-9091-ED47B5433AEC
Tesla Cybertruck Official Cybertruck Accessory store is live!! Includes: Tailgate ramp, Basecamp, wrap, franz ball decal and more 368A59B9-2F57-4039-AF97-0AA35B22459D

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I dunno, @JBee - I could believe maybe a RamBox-sized cubby somewhere in here, but I find it hard to see hundreds of liters of sensible available space?

the U-Shaped casting appears to sit mid-line of the wheelwell+body+flare, and then back towards the corner the casting appears to occupy basically the entirety of the interior corner

2E5C15EC-740B-46D0-9091-ED47B5433AEC.jpeg
368A59B9-2F57-4039-AF97-0AA35B22459D.jpeg
Have a look at how close the inside cast is to the midgate window. Then imagine how far out those thick doors will go out, and transpose that over the sail/rear quarter panel. The volumea are not trivial, and as such not having them as storage would seem like poor packaging and a waste of space. You might even be able to get to the underbed storage from the sides.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Have a look at how close the inside cast is to the midgate window. Then imagine how far out those thick doors will go out, and transpose that over the sail/rear quarter panel.
you may be right and I know you’ve spent a lot of time thinking about this, but to my eye the dress is yellow not blue

here’s where I see that casting sitting in the upper sail, based on the mounting points for metal on the outer casting near wheel well (in following photo)

Tesla Cybertruck Official Cybertruck Accessory store is live!! Includes: Tailgate ramp, Basecamp, wrap, franz ball decal and more 979543E1-C31A-45B4-BCCE-5D4060F0A5DB
Tesla Cybertruck Official Cybertruck Accessory store is live!! Includes: Tailgate ramp, Basecamp, wrap, franz ball decal and more D269C2DD-4123-4ED5-95EF-7B67336F5BE6

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I am only on page 3. Anybody know if the heat pump will be 48VDC? Solar will be a little easier at 48VDC. There are lots of 24VDC panels that can be placed in series.

Even if there wasn't a super efficient way to get power back into the traction pack you would still gain range with less battery going to HVAC and other drains.
Everything other than drive train and 110/240 outlets will be 48v.
In every EV tear down and "how it works" video I've seen, the heat pump has always been high voltage (power train voltage) powered. I doubt they'll go 48V on that.

Tesla Cybertruck Official Cybertruck Accessory store is live!! Includes: Tailgate ramp, Basecamp, wrap, franz ball decal and more 1679928923591

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
When you signal a lane change using the BAW, it not only indicates direction of lane change but it also sweeps out of the Cybertruck's path any vehicle blocking the lane :)
I heard NASA is studying the BAW out of concern that it might alter the axis of the earth while in operation. They have confirmed that it will change the earths magnetic field, but we all knew that already and that pesky field has been moving so much already that they are not too concerned.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I'm so glad you posted the water HVAC Elon mentioned. I had forgotten about it. So, I second a Tesla onboard/portable fridge freezer along with the water distiller.

I already have two portable fridge freezer units that I take along and power using Massimo battery banks with solar recharging. It's amazing how well that works.

Fridge for the centre console or rearseat or frunk or whatever, (discuss on whether it should be 48v🤷🏽‍♂️, 110v🤣, or 240v.👍🏼) Elon briefly suggested a watermaker as part of the HVAC/ thermal management system… full integration of refrigeration could be innovative.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
you may be right and I know you’ve spent a lot of time thinking about this, but to my eye the dress is yellow not blue

here’s where I see that casting sitting in the upper sail, based on the mounting points for metal on the outer casting near wheel well (in following photo)

979543E1-C31A-45B4-BCCE-5D4060F0A5DB.jpeg
D269C2DD-4123-4ED5-95EF-7B67336F5BE6.jpeg
Why you are drawing the yellow lines on the side sail on a angle to the rear bed, and not parallel and next to the inside wall and lines in the bed? If you put the cast on the the inside bed wall it would make more sense and would make more usable space. Also the cast is not all the way through but segmented. Also probably not that thick in most places.

This drawing from aconic shows the volumes better I think:

Tesla Cybertruck Official Cybertruck Accessory store is live!! Includes: Tailgate ramp, Basecamp, wrap, franz ball decal and more 1670880674289

Note that the thickness of the doors make the rear sails much wider than it appears on the cast imagine alone.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.