FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
I like some of these ideas, the console fridge and tool storage in the sail for sure.

-If the frunk lid opens and then the vertical part folds down like a traditional tailgate.... then a frunk rumble seat would be nice option for watching events like concerts or maybe even pulling up to your favorite fishing hole.

-Wife wants a 5th wheel option so she can pull a horse trailer... not sure what the impacts of the sails will be on that.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Okay cool, so my uneducated guess is, a 48v low voltage architecture would have no affect on solar. I think this because I am guessing that the solar would not be wired up to the low voltage system at all. I would imagine that the solar panels would be configured in such a way that they would provide the high voltage system power.
This is likely the case.

Just for simplicity I think everything is one way. Solar feeds main batteries, main batteries keep the low voltage system happy. If solar fed the 48v system there would need to be a way to send power from the 48v system back into the main cells or you would never gain range.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If they’re planning to have Cybertruck be the 21st century Unimog then a back hoe option could be useful for council fleets.
If they are doing a back hoe… OMG
Tesla Cybertruck Official Cybertruck Accessory store is live!! Includes: Tailgate ramp, Basecamp, wrap, franz ball decal and more 1678566960979

Makes me think of other industrial things like cherry pickers for power line work and arborists.

Back in the consumer world a camp kitchen a la Rivian should be on the cards. But where they put it would cause some consternation. Replacement rear seat and slide out kitchen? Or frunk kitchen with a drop down “grille”. The unveil images had a swing out option from the vault. I’m a big fan of the frunk option as lighting would already be there. However, that may get in the way of a….
Love the frunk kitchen idea. Particularly if there is a sink.

Deleted member 3316

If they are doing a back hoe… OMG
1678566960979.png

Makes me think of other industrial things like cherry pickers for power line work and arborists.

Love the frunk kitchen idea. Particularly if there is a sink.
If the Frunk functions like a tail gate it could all fit inside the gate. Pop up and foldout/flip over to reveal an induction stove and sink recess. Power and water plumbed into the sides of the frunk, similar to the vault air compressor and power outlets.

Three positions for the gate insert;
  1. Concealed for stowage,
  2. Flipped forward for kitchen.
  3. Flipped rearward with stove etc facing rearward so it can act as a back rest.

Imagine a similar mechanism/functionality as old Sydney 🇦🇺 train seats.

I guess this could be a similar solution for the rear tailgate but I feel like it would be an inconvenient impediment to the vault.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
If the Frunk functions like a tail gate it could all fit inside the gate. Pop up and foldout/flip over to reveal an induction stove and sink recess. Power and water plumbed into the sides of the frunk, similar to the vault air compressor and power outlets.

Three positions for the gate insert;
  1. Concealed for stowage,
  2. Flipped forward for kitchen.
  3. Flipped rearward with stove etc facing rearward so it can act as a back rest.

Imagine a similar mechanism/functionality as old Sydney 🇦🇺 train seats.

I guess this could be a similar solution for the rear tailgate but I feel like it would be an inconvenient impediment to the vault.
Agree, frunk is better so that it doesn't take up space in the bed. Even if the frunk doesn't open up with the grille like on the lightning you could still design a drop in camp kitchen that is custom fit to the frunk contour.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
There appears to be huge space between the steering wheel and the end of the windshield. What's going on in there?

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As you know the Cybertruck internal voltage is not going to be that old 12Volts standard. Tesla is moving toward a 48Volts architecture.
Accessorize my Cybertruck with winch(s), plows and etc.
To this end, I understand that Tesla is going to produce and sell all sort of 48Volts accessories.

Fugue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR FSD, camper van, CT3 FSD preordered
Occupation
Tech Industry Grunt
Country flag
There appears to be huge space between the steering wheel and the end of the windshield. What's going on in there?
I've wondered this. It would obstruct the view if you stored anything there that wasn't very small. Maybe it opens up to the frunk?

Fugue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR FSD, camper van, CT3 FSD preordered
Occupation
Tech Industry Grunt
Country flag
I want to see:

Solar input - third parties will make campers covered in panels and feed the power into the truck

Removable center console and swivel seats like an RV

Some way of camping comfortably in the cabin like having all of the seats fold down flat to make a bed

Modular dash so it can be customized with storage, cup holders, etc.

Deleted member 3316

Engineers believe the interior to be perfect/ least offensive to the most people. This accessory will be an aftermarket product like it is with model 3 and Y

Nice idea, but then it would be a 8 seater rather than a nine… bench front seat with console should be an option. Now that I think on it there should also be a rear seat option except instead of a console 4seats across the back.

This should be part of the standard specification.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gojuryu

First Name
Johnpual
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gojuryu.net
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I would want to add a few items:
  • Fold up solar panel under the vault cover.
  • Retractable wind turbine to used when parked.
  • Full length top of windshield light bar.
  • Front end rock slider.
  • Aerodynamic wheel covers even if they are ugly.
  • Additional front passenger infotainment screen.
  • Rubberized mats.
  • Wireless chargers in the center console and below the center screen.
  • Black Blade-runner wrap package.
  • Sync video to center screen for my drone.
  • Pass through gate for the cargo vault to the passenger area.
  • cargo vault mounts for my mountain bike.
  • Vault cover cap (shell) in aluminum.
  • flexible video screens that fit the interior front pillars displaying what would be seen in the side mirrors.
I'm fairly sure all of these will be made available after market, but it would be better to get them from Telsa.

Last edited:

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you for your feedback and link. I was told that this time Tesla might need to get into it for "major" accessories given they are moving to a non-standard 48Volts architecture. I guess they are making it as they go. Will there be a need to update any standards as a results? Any impact or consequences?
What about the Semi or other new Tesla Vehicles? I am also curious about Optimus (48Volts?). I also understand the BOM (Build Of Material) challenge with sorting, packaging and shipping. My Cybertruck might be the ultimate accessory to the new Tesla Pie phone I am planning on getting. I am saying this because a cellphone is always with it's user. Note: I will buy a Tesla Pie phone as soon as they are out.
Lastly, I also was informed that initially they will only be two Cybertruck options (2 motors + 3 motors all wheel drive and steering). I am not sure if hey will even be a 1 and/or 4 motors option.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.