Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
You should activate them again.

It's a gesture that tells drivers you didn't forget about your signal, but in fact, mean to make another maneuver.

For the same reason, they suggest you stay in a lane several seconds to 'establish a lane' before making another lane change.

I don't think they've 'said' so much as shown a few renderings of way outside their wheelhouse and we have a solid rumor that they have a team doing it.

Have you driven on some of our roads?

-Crissa
I agree with the stay in the new lane for several seconds thing. But I don't think I need to turn off and on my blinker again. I mean, if it was done quick enough the drivers behind wouldn't even notice lol.

I think the onus is on them to not assume I forgot my blinker on. Imo
Sponsored

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
As someone who has ridden a variety of motorcycles over the years, it can be quite an adjustment when changing methods of turn signals. Some bikes have/had a single lever on the left bar for signaling. Push right for right turn, left for left turn, with or without self cancelling. Other bikes have had the left signal switch on the left bar and the right signal switch on the right bar, again with or without self cancelling. It just takes a few weeks at most to absorb the nuances of each method. Not a big deal.

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
I don't think this has been mentioned, but an actual option I have installed in a vehicle in the past is a center console safe/vault. It would be nice to have this safe as an option, secured to the Cybertruck's integral frame and equipped with a biometric lock.

It would be a place to store high value or potentially dangerous items when not secured (or when not concealed on one's person)... for example, a firearm comes to mind. I think this would especially be of interest to any LEO's or police departments considering the CT.

Last edited:

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
420 gallon hot tub for the vault

small motorized trailer for 6x6 off roading

snow/mud tracks (four corners or half tracks)

Higgins boat (towable/amphibious)

onboard air jacks for quick wheel changes

retractable mast for sensor arrays

FLIR driving cam

IR headlights with AR goggles (active NV)

TASER sentry mode

tinted body wrap

anti theft panic mode (delayed shutdown)

…I could go on 😉

Pretty sure, other than the hot tub, you just spec'd Speed Racer's powerful Mach 5.

Tesla Cybertruck Official Cybertruck Accessory store is live!! Includes: Tailgate ramp, Basecamp, wrap, franz ball decal and more 1679269808749

Last edited:

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Power Take off. Usually a direct drive shaft off the gear box.
In the context of an EV it would make more sense to have a small electric motor mounted where convenient.

Designing in some versatility into the winch motor would likely be the most desirable solution.
Jeep actually had optional PTO's (front and rear) 80 years ago. It was a marketed as an automobile / tractor crossover vehicle.

Frankly, I don't see anyone using their new CT to plow the back forty or mill lumber for the off-the-grid log cabin. Well, maybe Ted Kaczynski. :oops:

Tesla Cybertruck Official Cybertruck Accessory store is live!! Includes: Tailgate ramp, Basecamp, wrap, franz ball decal and more 1679269252346

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I agree with the stay in the new lane for several seconds thing. But I don't think I need to turn off and on my blinker again. I mean, if it was done quick enough the drivers behind wouldn't even notice lol.

I think the onus is on them to not assume I forgot my blinker on. Imo
Maybe they don't, just like maybe they don't see your signal at all.

But interruptions in patterns, like turning on and off your blinker, attract more attention than leaving it on. It's the same reason why Tesla was partnering with that new company with the semi-random hazard-lights flash pattern.

Gotta give them the most chance to see the lights. After all, the signal is mostly for those you don't see, like me lane-splitting on my motorcycle. And I, most definitely, will be looking.

I don't think this has been mentioned, but an actual option I have installed in a vehicle in the past is a center console safe/vault. It would be nice to have this safe as an option, secured to the Cybertruck's integral frame and equipped with a biometric lock.

It would be a place to store high value or potentially dangerous items not secured (or when not concealed on one's person). For example, a gun safe comes to mind. I think this would especially be of interest to any LEO's or police departments considering the CT.
That is an amazing idea, now that you mention it.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Maybe they don't, just like maybe they don't see your signal at all.

-Crissa
I mean, you're not wrong. If they don't pay attention to my slowing down and brake lights then they might hit me. But if they're not paying attention that much and they're behind me, they probably would've hit me either way. Oh I did add a trailer hitch area blinker though so I have a blink brake

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I don't think they've 'said' so much as shown a few renderings of way outside their wheelhouse and we have a solid rumor that they have a team doing it.
To be more specific, Matthew Donegan-Ryan reported that a Cybertruck Development Team member told him (in front of other Cybertruck Team members gathered for an official event for invited outsiders) that there was a Cybertruck Accessories Development Team actively developing a line of Cybertruck accessories. This would only happen if Tesla had approved disclosure of the existance of the Accessories Development Team and if there was going to be a line of Cybertruck accessories that went beyond rubber all-weather mats, sunshades and such.

I think it's a given we can expect Tesla to offer things like winches, solar charging, etc.

Have you driven on some of our roads?

-Crissa
Only a couple handful of California roads in a four-wheeled vehicle, but I have explored much more extensively by motorcycle. I love California roads! What (un) impressed me the most were CalTrans employees, how many of them there were, how many CalTrans trucks there were, and how seldom any of the equipment or personel looked like they were actively working. Almost everytime I passed by CalTrans employees in the field, it looked to me like they were all stoned enjoying the weather and scenery! Washington State DOT has a much smaller presence per mile of highway, and they look like they are actively working about 3-4X as much, I don't know how CalTrans ever gets anything done and it must cost a fortune!

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm not old enough to know the climate of the auto industry in the 40s. And it's not even a similar argument. When did someone in the 40s send an OTA to the car and change the functionality? You had to purchase the car with the new technology. Just like if you bought a tesla vehicle with the lack of stalks.

You can stop pitching Tesla to me. I've been on the hype train and am going on my 4th vehicle from them.
I'm not "pitching Tesla" to you, I'm suggesting you don't understand how and why Tesla makes decisions. I base that upon your belief you provided for the reason they introduced auto turn signal cancellation.

The fact is, mechanically based auto cancelling turn signals are not as good as AI based auto canceling signals. This is due to the limitations of all mechanically based auto signal cancellation systems; they can only cancel based upon the number of degrees of steering wheel rotation and subsequent counter-rotation. That's not very good data to rely on and it's incredibly unreliable. The fact that most drivers are accustomed to it being a poor proxy for when they want to turn off their signals doesn't matter to Tesla, they will improve that feature.

The reason Tesla's improved auto-cancel funtionality doesn't work for you is due to your ingrained habits and your unwillingness to change. You even admitted as much. And that's OK, I only take issue with the reason you believe Tesla implemented AI based cancellation because it's incongruent with how Tesla operates.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I'm not "pitching Tesla" to you, I'm suggesting you don't understand how and why Tesla makes decisions. I base that upon your belief you provided for the reason they introduced auto turn signal cancellation.

The fact is, mechanically based auto cancelling turn signals are not as good as AI based auto canceling signals. This is due to the limitations of all mechanically based auto signal cancellation systems; they can only cancel based upon the number of degrees of steering wheel rotation and subsequent counter-rotation. That's not very good data to rely on and it's incredibly unreliable. The fact that most drivers are accustomed to it being a poor proxy for when they want to turn off their signals doesn't matter to Tesla, they will improve that feature.

The reason Tesla's improved auto-cancel funtionality doesn't work for you is due to your ingrained habits and your unwillingness to change. You even admitted as much. And that's OK, I only take issue with the reason you believe Tesla implemented AI based cancellation because it's incongruent with how Tesla operates.
Tesla has had auto cancelling blinkers for years? Why did they just now send it out as a non-FSD update? Any car with nav on auto pilot has been canceling their own blinkers for years.

Because they are getting rid of the stalks.

But I think we need ot agree to disagree because we aren't on topic anymore

Last edited:

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

With CT on 48v system they have to produce all the accessories like winch and compressor, everyone else only have 12v accessories.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.