Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Only a couple handful of California roads in a four-wheeled vehicle, but I have explored much more extensively by motorcycle. I love California roads! What (un) impressed me the most were CalTrans employees, how many of them there were, how many CalTrans trucks there were, and how seldom any of the equipment or personel looked like they were actively working. Almost everytime I passed by CalTrans employees in the field, it looked to me like they were all stoned enjoying the weather and scenery! Washington State DOT has a much smaller presence per mile of highway, and they look like they are actively working about 3-4X as much, I don't know how CalTrans ever gets anything done and it must cost a fortune!
CalTrans works very hard.

But counties have motivation to leave construction zones up and draw out the process as much as possible. CalTrans ends up paying out alot of money to deal with lawsuits and environmental reports that aren't about pollution.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Idk I'm not Tesla lol

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

It is announced all accessories in CT will be 48v so what's the big deal to add a dumb compressor and winch? Both are just big electric motors which Tesla seems to be pretty good at.

THEN Tesla doesn't do the normal packaging because they don't need to make a packaging that will fit as many other cars/trucks as possible. Tesla just need to work with the rest of the teams to have seamless integration into CT's internal volume.

THEN Tesla always integrate everything to their printed circuit boards so just some extra traces and I bet they have plenty of extra ports for all the possible accessories. Tesla doesn't even use traditional fuses.

THEN Tesla doesn't have firmware because they don't have dedicated ECUs for each individual item, everything is run by a central computer so just another set of control and sensors and some code which they are pretty good at.

All the constraints from traditional 12v OEM components simply don't exist! Tesla is on a completely different playing field!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

Deleted member 3316

Ummm…. There’s this company called Tesla… that has upended what many self professed experts have said “won’t change”.

You should look into their various innovations, you might learn something new.

Deleted member 3316

trying to get this thread back on topic….

Anyone have any valuable knowledge to share here?

Integrated UHF/VHF/CB radio into UI of centre screen… does 48v make a radio more powerful? Could the BAW do double duty as an antenna?
Thoughts!

Deleted member 3316

Anyone have any thoughts on an electric hi-lift jack?

Also, the air suspension will need to have individual control to negate the need for a jack but in big situations a high lift jack option either air powered or 240v with jack points for the…

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
trying to get this thread back on topic….

***** said:
Integrated UHF/VHF/CB radio into UI of centre screen… does 48v make a radio more powerful? Could the BAW do double duty as an antenna?

Thoughts!
Screw UHF/VHF/CB radio! They are too high-tech for real communication! I want to know if Cybertruck is going to support this:

Tesla Cybertruck Official Cybertruck Accessory store is live!! Includes: Tailgate ramp, Basecamp, wrap, franz ball decal and more 1679287743444

No need for fancy-schmancy satellites either.

Deleted member 3316

Screw UHF/VHF/CB radio! They are too high-tech for real communication! I want to know if Cybertruck is going to support this:

1679287743444.png

No need for fancy-schmancy satellites either.
Smoke signals from burning rubber are more fun.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.