Shareholders are being encouraged to remove CEO Musk from the Board?

Migizi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
prius XL
Country flag
Apparently Tesla Shareholders are being asked to remove Elon Musk from the board. This is being instigated by a UK investment firm PIRC

I'm new to the the cybertrucks forum. I joined immediately after I placed my reservation. I was drawn to Telsa because of Elon, his successful track record, commitment, and all of his special quirks.

Tesla would tumble without Elon's leadership (Just like apple did when they ousted Steve Jobs and later had beg him to return)
Love him or Hate him - Elon is the essence of Tesla!

If the report of his ousting becomes truth, I will cancel my order(s).
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Relax. Removal of Elon Musk (or his death or incapacitation) would be a disaster for the company. Everyone knows this including those trying to destroy Tesla for whatever reason but, most likely in the case of this British firm, because of substantial short positions.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Apparently Tesla Shareholders are being asked to remove Elon Musk from the board. This is being instigated by a UK investment firm PIRC

I'm new to the the cybertrucks forum. I joined immediately after I placed my reservation. I was drawn to Telsa because of Elon, his successful track record, commitment, and all of his special quirks.

Tesla would tumble without Elon's leadership (Just like apple did when they ousted Steve Jobs and later had beg him to return)

People always want him gone. I think forcing Elon to leave would be the single biggest mistake Tesla would ever make. Also.. this is just garbage being spread by journalist who want clicks.

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
Don’t be surprised if this is more propaganda originating not with the UK but with the CCP. The biggest risk to TSLA is IP theft as it walks its tightrope with China. We’ll feel a lot better when the Semi and the CT are in production in the US.

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
As a minor shareholder this is the first I've heard of this. So I'd have to say this is definitely fake news. We did vote on putting him back on the board recently after he was required to step down as chairman by the SEC.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

I would never vote for it, with my whopping 17 shares :)

OP
OP
Migizi

Migizi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
prius XL
Country flag
thanks for the reassurance guys -

CyberJagg

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chevy Express
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Yes they do want Elon gone but it’s mainly because of his compensation package which is quite significant. If he doesn’t meet certain milestones he doesn’t get that money, so currently Elon is broke. That’s the reason they want him gone. Thing is, there’s no Tesla without Elon. I don’t know anyone at Tesla with the ingenuity and willingness to f**k up, reiterate and innovate like he does. But like most of you have said, the short f**kers would love to see the company fail. Let them keep wishing because I don’t even think the board members want to see him gone.

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
Well, I am a shareholder (very small amount) and my wife is as well, having moved some of her 401k into Tesla stock. Neither of us has heard anything about this, nor would we support it.
as stated above, seems like a similar situation to Apple and Steve Jobs - many people said he was a tyrant and had his own “reality distortion field” but he was absolutely a visionary and he pushed for very unpopular things that were groundbreaking and was critical to Apple’s recovery after the Gil Amelio years. So Elon does some crazy stuff, he is still the most public face of an exciting, innovative company (or three).

Last edited:

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
Glad we found out at the earnings call today that the Semi and CT together with the 3 and Y will all be made at Gigafactory Austin. We also found out today that the Chinese Consulate in Houston was exposed as a spying operation that is being shut down.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A smart CEO always hires people who are smarter than he is. A dumb CEO will not hire an intelligent staff to protect his ego. Elon has no ego to worry about. He is focused to delivering quality products to his clients.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
It would be devastating and stupid as heel to remove Elon!!!!!!
AAPL redux

The world has seen what management decisions wrought in SteveJobs baby Apple
Sponsored