John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
https://cleantechnica.com/2022/03/23/shell-is-offering-tesla-other-ev-subscriptions-in-germany/

Different article
Tesla Subscriptions: Shell has an electric vehicle subscription program. Among the vehicles offered in the subscription program are Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) vehicles, including the Tesla Model 3 and Tesla Model Y.

In Germany, Shell offers a Tesla Model 3 Standard Range subscription plan that costs $650 a month and includes 20,000 kilometers (12,427 miles) and comes with several perks, according to Teslarati.

The monthly costs include car insurance, new tires and maintenance. The plan also includes access to Shell's charging stations in Germany.

Shell's subscription plan website shows a wait time of 20 to 24 weeks to get on a monthly plan for a new Tesla vehicle. The new production facility Giga Berlin in Germany could help Shell ramp up its fleet in Germany.

The subscription plan for Tesla vehicles from Shell is only available to permanent German residents. Shell has no current plans to offer subscriptions for the Tesla Model S or Tesla Model X.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
That's an interesting proposition. I'm sure Shell is making money off that. But also, it seems like an easy way to dip your foot into the pond of EV driving. At $650 for 12 months, you're at $7.800. I would think there would be tax and license at sign-up also. Just for shits & giggles, here's Edmund's chart for TCO of a 2022 Camry. It's for 15,000 miles, but TCO for one year is $8,395.

Edit: This chart is for a 4 cylinder econo box. The XLE 6 cyl. is $12,037 for the first year.

tco_camry.jpg

OP
OP

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I should have reserved 10 CT’s and offer subscriptions until other reservists had their order fulfilled. Sell on secondary market when returned.

Example of a hindsight stolen idea

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I should have reserved 10 CT’s and offer subscriptions until other reservists had their order fulfilled. Sell on secondary market when returned.

Example of a hindsight stolen idea
You could probably make more money renting them out by the day on Turo.

OP
OP

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I was thinking, those who had subscriptions would ask to buy at a premium without having me put on my sales hat.
Sponsored