Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Barrons is about as reliable as a broken clock when it comes to Tesla.

I wouldn’t say it’s wrong, but I wouldn’t pin my hopes on anything they say. Particularly not a one off comment like this.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Yea, I don't think we're seeing enough to validate or bring that to any level of real legitimacy, but that'd be a great surprise. I think less than 2 weeks to the press, but there's so much more to this than just that I think.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Good news is “early” 2023 is definitely still possible. As @greggertruck says press should be here soon.
Hopefully. Sounds like its been moving since July. It COULD even be here already, in pieces. Can't get a boat freight update like that, it's not like UPS delivering a laptop haha

RandyS

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 Performance, 2021 Model Y LR
Country flag
The timing of the Cybertruck rollout reminds me what all of us wait listers went through when the Model 3 was rolled out. Hopefully Tesla has learned a few things along the way; it looks like they have...They're not changing or delaying the production schedule in public every few weeks and months, so that is a good thing.

In the summer of 2017, there were some early Model 3 deliveries to VIP folks at the Fremont event. After that, into the Fall, production hell started and there were a few employee deliveries here and there. Into the Fall, the production line was ramping up a bit (but still not very many deliveries). I had made my reservation in-store at 11 minutes past 10am on the day when all the people showed up and waited in line, was a previous owner, and lived in California, so I had all of that going for me. I got my Model 3 just before Christmas in 2017 (VIN 14xx). It was fine, no big issues. But it was an early car, for sure.

Other friends and family got their cars into the next year and beyond. Those later cars were definitely better from a build quality and ride quality perspective. That's why I'm so torn with the Cybertruck. After all this time, I really want to take delivery as early as possible, but do I want it as early as last time? Hmm....Part of me says yes, bring it on, but getting an early car has its issues...

I'm not as early on the reservation list this time (~ 1 hour after they opened the website), but still pretty high up there...Who am I kidding? As soon as they offer it to me, I'll put my money down... :)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The timing of the Cybertruck rollout reminds me what all of us wait listers went through when the Model 3 was rolled out. Hopefully Tesla has learned a few things along the way; it looks like they have...They're not changing or delaying the production schedule in public every few weeks and months, so that is a good thing.

In the summer of 2017, there were some early Model 3 deliveries to VIP folks at the Fremont event. After that, into the Fall, production hell started and there were a few employee deliveries here and there. Into the Fall, the production line was ramping up a bit (but still not very many deliveries). I had made my reservation in-store at 11 minutes past 10am on the day when all the people showed up and waited in line, was a previous owner, and lived in California, so I had all of that going for me. I got my Model 3 just before Christmas in 2017 (VIN 14xx). It was fine, no big issues. But it was an early car, for sure.

Other friends and family got their cars into the next year and beyond. Those later cars were definitely better from a build quality and ride quality perspective. That's why I'm so torn with the Cybertruck. After all this time, I really want to take delivery as early as possible, but do I want it as early as last time? Hmm....Part of me says yes, bring it on, but getting an early car has its issues...

I'm not as early on the reservation list this time (~ 1 hour after they opened the website), but still pretty high up there...Who am I kidding? As soon as they offer it to me, I'll put my money down... :)
Congrats on the early Model 3. Hopefully they won’t have as many issues with the Cybertruck. It was designed on the back of those frustrations so perhaps it’ll go a lot better. The Model Y rollout seemed super smooth.

I would be very happy with a Christmas 2023 delivery. That would require start of deliveries sometime before mid-year.

Really hoping production comes online quick. Fastest vehicle to 100k units would be awesome.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
If you knew which boat it was on, tho...

-Crissa
Still doesn't always work THAT fast, but that'd help hahah I wouldn't be surprised to hear there are 150 different boats on the route. Where's that guy that found the EXACT spot of the CT on the tow from a few weeks ago? DO YO MAGIC!

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Congrats on the early Model 3. Hopefully they won’t have as many issues with the Cybertruck. It was designed on the back of those frustrations so perhaps it’ll go a lot better. The Model Y rollout seemed super smooth.

I would be very happy with a Christmas 2023 delivery. That would require start of deliveries sometime before mid-year.

Really hoping production comes online quick. Fastest vehicle to 100k units would be awesome.
Probably going to be the first EV truck to 100K, but definitely first one to a Million!!!!

TomGriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 MS 70D, 17 Bolt Premier, CT Reserved, Yamaha T7
Country flag