Should Tesla 're-design the wheel' for CyberTruck?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That would be grounds for divorce in my book! No way, no how! I've experienced enough 100 plus degree weather to want to search it out!
She lets me get creative with the insulation and carry as much water as I need. It's why I have a solar set and a 134 amp hour LFP battery in a Mazda 3.

If I didn't indulge her, she wouldn't indulge me ^-^

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck MY Prius Merc VW
Country flag
Most Cybertruck owners will never drive a single mile in rural Western Australia.
You'd be surprised how many Aussies have them on order. It's coming for sure. When is a different question.

But that doesn't avoid the main point of my argument re spare. If you need it for work and not recreation, you can't choose when you need to use it as easily as saying I'm going to stay home.

OP
OP
go99s

go99s

First Name
Go99s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
How come both of my two threads end up being dominated by discussions about BEARS???
What percentage of even CTOC is ever likely to have to deal with a bear, let alone the rest of the world!
Give me a break guys...

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck MY Prius Merc VW
Country flag
How come both of my two threads end up being dominated by discussions about BEARS???
What percentage of even CTOC is ever likely to have to deal with a bear, let alone the rest of the world!
Give me a break guys...
Because you mention your pop up soft camper that is apparently not compatible with bears?
That is of course unless you intend to feed them. 😬

Morning Star

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2077 Tesla Cybertruck

OP
OP
go99s

go99s

First Name
Go99s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Because you mention your pop up soft camper that is apparently not compatible with bears?
That is of course unless you intend to feed them. 😬
OK, guilty as charged ; ) but I'll leave the feeding of bears to North Americans, in Thailand its mosquito's that feast on me and in the UK, I can't think of anything, except maybe bankers!

Still waiting for that nugget of genius from CTOC members that might get Tesla to actually look at the hub, wheel, tyre combo?

I'm still thinking that there could be something that enables a fabulous on-road efficiency with an off-road performance competence when required from the same item. A pneumatic tyre is unlikely to do so, but an air-less one with speed-related shape shifting from the 'wheel' element could do. For example, the outer structure of the wheel spokes could result in them directing their rotational mass towards pushing out the central road optimised section of treads to reduce the contact area and thus behave more like a 'steel wheel tyre' at higher speeds but leave the softer outer section almost in contact with smooth pavement at lower speeds. On softer terrain, the lugs and outer tread pattern engage despite the central section protruding fractionally more so. You don't typically drive at 60mph off-road!!!

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Give me a break guys...
I spend a lot of time in the woods in places where bears are common.

I suspect very few folks who spend a lot of time in the woods worry overmuch about bear attacks. Only reason bears break into vehicles is to get at food. Don’t keep food in your truck… Voila! Your truck is bear proof!

The only bears that bother me are the ones on Wall Street.

Morning Star

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2077 Tesla Cybertruck
Still waiting for that nugget of genius from CTOC members that might get Tesla to actually look at the hub, wheel, tyre combo?
You might be happy to hear Joe Rogan asked Elon Musk about airless tires on his podcast show.

tl;dw: It’s not easy and probably not feasible yet.

CYBERBACKPACK