Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

They're dribbling them out, the articles haven't been written yet.

It looks like the photo from yesterday, but the bed seems small but maybe isn't? I still don't think they'll get the range they want, and it looks absolutely chonking useless big compared to the Cybertruck.

So:
Midgate
Unibody
Structural battery
Glass roof*
Four wheel steering*

*'Available'

-Crissa
Sponsored

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
I watched the whole thing and ranted about it to friends on FB just now, but a few thoughts more appropriate to it for this forum:

1) Love the midgate, but its kinda a one-trick without a cover/vault dealio.
2) $105k for first edition can GFI. Who tf is gonna drop that on a Silverado.
3)I actually don't hate the Avalanche look of it here.

On the biz side, I need more than 5 vehicles delivered to get excited that Brightdrop will actually make a difference.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Just a couple random thoughts.

This is just a reskin on the Hummer EV.

Still looks super chunky/ thick to me. Almost like a giant El-Camino on a think skate.

$105k? Not my kind of truck. Only way I'm paying that is for a Cybertruck and only then if TSLA does some magical things before my number gets pulled. I guess later models will be less, but until they are available, not interesting.

Why didn't they call this the EVILanche?? Lost opportunity.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Silverado has a tiny bed and needs it a lot more. Also, no bed cover issues.

If we see a midgate, it'll be something they worked out a while ago, this feels like it is way too late in the process to add something like that.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
hopefully this provides the mid-gate option for those of you that want it and and therefore takes the pressure off of Tesla to offer it! I dont want a flying tank & submarine I want a solid truck, not a make everyone happy compromise...personally I think the cover is more important than the mid gate for traditional truck needs...but I can see why people want both...just don't see how they do it without compromising something, so would rather not have the mid- gate if that's the case

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Going solely based on what I saw, I like it. It's much more compelling to me from a design aspect - especially the front-end and the interior.

If it wasn't for the Cybertruck, I would have to be contemplating either this or the R1T, with the F-150 being last.

I also like that they placed the charging port in the left-rear like Tesla - so if/when the Supercharger network opens up to other OEMs; the Silverado EV won't be taking up 2 charging stalls. The passthrough is neat and I can live without the mid-gate, especially since it would get no coverage by the tonneau cover.

Since it's based off the Hummer EV the payload and towing is significantly reduced as this thing will be quite heavy.

The Trail Boss edition looks cool too!!

Tesla and CT can be last to market but I don't think they have much to worry about. We'll see on the upcoming earnings call.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Is there a link to watch the reveal?
EDIT:
Oops... didn't see youtube link above.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Going solely based on what I saw, I like it. It's much more compelling to me from a design aspect - especially the front-end and the interior.
I agree except for the fact that it's so damned tall. If they didn't have the ridiculous monster battery under it, it would be a very nice looking truck.

Though the bed size is a little concerning. Is that a 4.5 foot bed?
Sponsored