Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
I agree except for the fact that it's so damned tall. If they didn't have the ridiculous monster battery under it, it would be a very nice looking truck.

Though the bed size is a little concerning. Is that a 4.5 foot bed?
No, they said in the reveal that it's a 5'11 bed with the tailgate up and the mid gate closed. 9 ft with the mid-gate open.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
No, they said in the reveal that it's a 5'11 bed with the tailgate up and the mid gate closed. 9 ft with the mid-gate open.
Huh. That's pretty respectable. I'd have thought the midgate would get more room than that.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I agree except for the fact that it's so damned tall. If they didn't have the ridiculous monster battery under it, it would be a very nice looking truck.

Though the bed size is a little concerning. Is that a 4.5 foot bed?
Yeah, I wish they had posted dimensional stats somewhere and it does seem really big - and not necessarily in the good ways.

The bed is 5'11" with the mid-gate and pass-through folded up:
Tesla Cybertruck SilveradoEV 2024 deets finally revealed: 1641409018615

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
20,000lb tow rating? Holy hauler batman! The CT is at 14,000 so far. Even though I have a decent CT number I reserved the Chevy as back up. I always drone on about towing and the first ones off the line will only tow 10k but good job Chevy. Very Avalanche of you with some hints of CT mixed in.

Last edited:

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Too late a hero?

Other than range, they should excel on something else. Otherwise, seems a me-too.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
From NBC News: “Ford has logged nearly 200,000 advance reservations for its F-150 Lightning electric pickup, while Tesla says it has over 400,000 deposits for its repeatedly delayed Cybertruck. All told, there could be 10 or more battery-electric pickups on sale by mid-decade, including versions of the Ram 1500 and Toyota Tundra, as well as the new Rivian R1T and others.”

When did Tesla say just over 400,000? In 2019? I deposited early January, 2020, and I’m around 460,000. Does NBC not have updated stats?

Ref: https://www.nbcnews.com/business/au...-pickup-truck-rival-fords-f-150-lig-rcna11032

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
I realize even though my reservation is entered I am still at the mercy of the dealer. GM doesn't even hold the deposit, it goes straight to the dealer. Someone off the street can drop down more cash than a reserve buyer is willing to pay. As stated in the GM agreement. Tesla is changing the game by eliminating this variable.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I think the best news from this Chevy reveal was that you could get 400 miles out of the lowest base model; the fleet model. A projected 400 miles out of a projected $39k truck. That's pretty sweet.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I’m not even reserving one. I’m afraid the dealer markups will be going on for years so I am no longer interested.
I wonder when Ford and GM will de-emphasize and eliminate these anachronistic vultures of selling cars.

At least with Toyota, you can close your sale online and just show up at the dealership to choose the color, test drive, sign the papers and get you unit home hassle free.

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
Looks nice. Inside and out.
I came away understanding that the WT = 39K but if you wanted the 400 mile range on it it was gona be a extra option. The price of that option will be important.

ELse a nice try. But Dealer markup is gona be nuts if the F150L is to go by.

TOp of the range 105K GM is nutters!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Those low profile tires... pretty limiting for even light off-road/ forest roads.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yeah, I wish they had posted dimensional stats somewhere and it does seem really big - and not necessarily in the good ways.

The bed is 5'11" with the mid-gate and pass-through folded up:
1641409018615.png
Someone mentioned the size and it is decent.

A minor quibble though. My Tundra with a 6'6" bed is just barely long enough to fit a mountain bike. At 5' 11", they will definitely be diagonal and 3 bikes will be tight... 4 almost impossible.

As I said... a quibble. For me 5'11" is tolerable and likely the Cybertruck's useful bed will be that size (maybe smaller!).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
20,000lb tow rating? Holy hauler batman! The CT is at 14,000 so far. Even though I have a decent CT number I reserved the Chevy as back up. I always drone on about towing and the first ones off the line will only tow 10k but good job Chevy. Very Avalanche of you with some hints of CT mixed in.
Not the first run, that's a potential hypothetical one. It'll cost $200k since 2x towing capacity. </sarcasm>
Sponsored