Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I went to Tesla Littleton, Colorado service center to see the Cybertruck. Model 3 looks so small in comparison. As others have said, the scale of the Cybertruck is imposing, substantial, and at the same time—just right.
I’m not surprised the cost of the dual motor is same as dual motor X. So many extra features added in our four year wait.
Tesla Cybertruck Since the release all I can think about is the Cybertruck. 🤔 IMG_8889

Tesla Cybertruck Since the release all I can think about is the Cybertruck. 🤔 IMG_8893

Tesla Cybertruck Since the release all I can think about is the Cybertruck. 🤔 IMG_8896

Tesla Cybertruck Since the release all I can think about is the Cybertruck. 🤔 IMG_8898

Tesla Cybertruck Since the release all I can think about is the Cybertruck. 🤔 IMG_8894

Tesla Cybertruck Since the release all I can think about is the Cybertruck. 🤔 IMG_8900

Tesla Cybertruck Since the release all I can think about is the Cybertruck. 🤔 IMG_8895
Sponsored

Unemployed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Country flag
I went to Tesla Littleton, Colorado service center to see the Cybertruck. Model 3 looks so small in comparison. As others have said, the scale of the Cybertruck is imposing, substantial, and at the same time—just right.
I’m not surprised the cost of the dual motor is same as dual motor X. So many extra features added in our four year wait.
IMG_8889.jpeg

IMG_8893.jpeg

IMG_8896.jpeg

IMG_8898.jpeg

IMG_8894.jpeg

IMG_8900.jpeg

IMG_8895.jpeg
Did you go there after the reveal? Looks like they didn’t let you inside. Any idea when they will open it up?

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
It’s been days since the release and all I can think about is the cybertruck.

I pre-ordered the single motor RWD but now I want the BEASTMODE to speed up the process cause 2025 ain’t cutting it fir me… I know 100K is nuts but fuck it lol

Talk to me… I want to know who pre-ordered and what do you think about the truck all around?
I'm still excited for it, but can't justify the Tri Motor coming it nearly 30k more than the dual.

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16MS90D 16MSP90D 16MX90D 17MXP100D 20M3P 23MX
Country flag
Did you go there after the reveal? Looks like they didn’t let you inside. Any idea when they will open it up?
There's only one person at the Littleton showroom allowed to even touch it, he's one of the tech leads. Nobody will get to go inside of it for the foreseeable future.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
When I ordered and started saving for this truck, It was already crazy to think that I could ever afford it.
I work part time, and had never even owned a car at all at that point let alone a high end machine at the top of the price range for its field.
But having lived my entire life (that's since 1986 for those counting), without ever having seen a single, current, in production vehicle that made me want to own it., I finally saw what the future was supposed to look like and I knew I wanted one.
For me it was always the stretchiest of stretch goals, I knew I wanted it, but could I get it?
I decided to try and find out.

Worked and saved and worked and saved, and then the goalpost moved and now it's even harder.
Am I upset?
Nope!
I accepted that I might not get there from the beginning, and now if I still want it (I do!) I'll have to work and save some more!

Maybe it will drive me completely insane, but I want to climb this mountain.
And even though I was halfway up, and the clouds parted, and allowed me to see that what I thought was halfway was only really one third of the way to the top... I still want to climb up there.

I've lived through a pandemic, an inflationary period, and several wars while trying to get this truck.
What else you got mountain! Because I'm still standing!

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
It’s been days since the release and all I can think about is the cybertruck.

I pre-ordered the single motor RWD but now I want the BEASTMODE to speed up the process cause 2025 ain’t cutting it fir me… I know 100K is nuts but fuck it lol

Talk to me… I want to know who pre-ordered and what do you think about the truck all around?
I preordered the single, then the dual, then got to fuck it mode and went trimotor with FSD. I wanted the 500 miles of range. I figured if you’re gonna go, you may was we’ll go all the way. Then the pricing came out. I was all in with the beast but two problems. #1 the g-force from test driving a MS with ludicrous mode 5 years left my brain in the back seat and me realizing my days of shotgun starts and drag racing are over lol. #2 I’m pretty sure 0-60 in 2.6 seconds would basically kill me. Wifey says get whichever one I want but I figured since I’m gonna use it primarily as a tow vehicle, maybe a AWD, matte black wrap, blacked out windows and a range extender would put at about the same price as the Beast but with a few goodies to go along with it.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Went to the show to get a closeup look. My issue as a contractor is the bed is too short and the sunken storage would be useless once a pull out toolbox is installed. Then of course the price increase on the $49.9 is now 80.
I’ll keep my 100 in the que and see where I fall.
Yes the truck was impressive, but not for a true work truck.

Eliminate the rear seats and extend the bed, then we’re talking.

At least I got a 3 day getaway, cowboy hat , boots, and Tesla 3 to drive around town in. And let’s not forget about those Cyber girls at the after party.

Rick

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
12/2.
Sales staff said-- "can't let people in...Cybertruck is locked...belongs to engineering team...don't know..."

I think every Cybertruck on display is going to be a cleaning headache for the sales staff, once the masses are allowed in.

DBone

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Cybertruck
Occupation
Singer, Actor, Store Owner
Country flag
I feel your pain Cyberbrother. I too have only been thinking about it. I was hoping it was going to be more of a spectacle show, like Wrestlemania IV, but I’ll take putting all that energy into the real spectacle the CT. Only thing I want to change is a better understanding of when and how they are delivering them to us. Stay Strong

Reactions: Jow

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
to the " bed is too short" crowd, what curretly available vehicle meets your needs?

Seems like a van, like Sprinter 170 wheelbase, either standard length (165 interior cargo) or extended length, is the way to haul long stuff if it needs to be fully enclosed. Why?

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
2 perspectives:
#1. I ordered a truck in 2019 for $50,000, 4 years later they tell me due to inflation I have to pay an additional $30,000 - thats just crazy!

#2. Ever since I learned about a model S, I wanted one. So I bought $35,000 worth of Tesla stock. Years later it had grown enough for me to buy my S. Then I learned they were going to make a truck. Even better, I’ve always driven a truck, so I waited. The stock grew more and the truck was unveiled again - a quieter and smoother ride than a model S, 4 doors with the utility of a truck - and it costs about the same as an S - whats not to love?

I hate the notion the price has gone up so much. But when I look at other EVs and non EV trucks or Sport Utility vehicles and try to compare all the features and the price tags, I’m willing to pay the money and roll the dice that Tesla has made it right or will make it right if its not.

This truck is either revolutionary or we have all been hypnotized into the cult of Elon. Our friends thought we were crazy when we put $100 down, waited and waited, teased us after all the news stories they heard - it will never come to fruition. They will laugh at us when we tell them we bought it, shake their heads when they see it in our driveway, and after they ride in it, be embarrassed to admit what a brilliant decision we made.
When I ordered my M3 in 2016 I was also a tesla stock owner and I remember my wife telling me I would never get a tesla. Well I got it in 2018.

I put a reservation down for a CT on the day after the reveal in 2019 and to be honest I was a little taken aback by the reduction of specs and increase in price of the tri. Like most people who reserved a tri, I will be switching to a duel, and this will probably set me back 1-2 years.

I am still a tesla stock owner and I am retired now and plan on selling 1/4 of my tesla stock to purchase the duel. I would like the stock to get back to at least $350, which will probably happen over the next two years. According to my calculation there will probably be only about 20 k people purchase the beast, however I would wager the margins are close to 50% for this version.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
If you haven’t dreamt about Cybertruck at least 5 times in since Nov2019 then you aren’t thinking about it enough, just kidding! But getting a Beastmode will surely help you get up the queue but most likely you still wont get it before end of 2025 that too if you really get lucky
Anyone ordering the beast mode will probably get it in 2024 as I doubt that more than 20 k will be sold. Look how many Rivians have been sold in 2 years - less than 60 k

Last edited:

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
When I ordered and started saving for this truck, It was already crazy to think that I could ever afford it.
I work part time, and had never even owned a car at all at that point let alone a high end machine at the top of the price range for its field.
But having lived my entire life (that's since 1986 for those counting), without ever having seen a single, current, in production vehicle that made me want to own it., I finally saw what the future was supposed to look like and I knew I wanted one.
For me it was always the stretchiest of stretch goals, I knew I wanted it, but could I get it?
I decided to try and find out.

Worked and saved and worked and saved, and then the goalpost moved and now it's even harder.
Am I upset?
Nope!
I accepted that I might not get there from the beginning, and now if I still want it (I do!) I'll have to work and save some more!

Maybe it will drive me completely insane, but I want to climb this mountain.
And even though I was halfway up, and the clouds parted, and allowed me to see that what I thought was halfway was only really one third of the way to the top... I still want to climb up there.

I've lived through a pandemic, an inflationary period, and several wars while trying to get this truck.
What else you got mountain! Because I'm still standing!

switch to a duel, it is better value.

OP
OP
CYBER CHESKO

CYBER CHESKO

First Name
FRANKLIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Occupation
CHEF
Country flag
I honestly thought that reveal couldnt have been worse for tesla.. But I went to see the CT in person for the first time here in chicago, and let me tell you it looks so damn good in person.. So sleek and just looks damn cool, I cant wait for my turn in the queue..
I haven’t seen it face to face yet, I gotta drive 4 hours from where I’m at

man Im so happy for you, you seen it in person at least… I know that moment felt craaaazy lol
Sponsored