Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Let’s hope Tesla engineers and designers take some measures to help mitigate high temperatures in the cabin. Just imagine jumping into your CT after being parked in the sun all day. The interior looks like a greenhouse!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Let’s hope they take some measures to help keep temperatures down in the cabin. It’s like a greenhouse!
I think I did read something about the glass getting a factory ceramic coating and or factory tint to block or partially block those pesky rays from creating a greenhouse effect inside cabin. Anyone?

futureproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Let's hope Jay asks better questions in the full episode than "what kind of glass?" and "is it bulletproof?" (i.e. things that have been covered ad nauseam already).

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Tesla has announced they are keeping the dimensions the same, or mostly the same, and this has been discussed in many places, but since the dimensions are very similar to several available pickup trucks, I do not think its size is that big of an issue, but I do not plan on parking it in a garage.

I did not notice the tailgate was down with him standing on the vault cover... that means all the strength is independent of the tailgate, something that cannot be said for many bed covers on the market today.

As for Jay's questions, I believe they need to cover all the concerns that might have been discussed to death here, so that the general public gets the idea of just how incredible this vehicle could be once it is manufactured and being delivered to customers.

I also like how Elon refers to the smaller CyberTruck is for 'tight countries', not small, or not saying the truck is too large, just that some countries have tighter roadways and such.

As for how open and greenhouse it looks, that to me is an advantage. And since many Teslas have glass roofs, they have gotten pretty good at putting factory tint in to help with heat rejection, buit I am sure those in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, etc might want additional tint and I assume companies will make those squeeze fit screens to go in the glass roof.

Here is a mesh sunshade being put into a Tesla Model 3.

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Let’s hope they take some measures to help keep temperatures down in the cabin. It’s like a greenhouse!
This is like pretty much every other Tesla in production, since all glass roofs are a standard part of their current design language. I have never had an issue with it in my Model 3, whatever treatment they use on it seems to work pretty well. Hopefully that translates to the larger surface area of the CyberTruck as well, but I am personally not super concerned about this as it hasn't been a problem for me in my 3.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I am thoroughly impressed at the lack of deflection with Elon standing on the vault! When he originally said you’d be able to stand on it, I had visions of it flexing like crazy and only barely holding a grown man. This is impressive! It must be made of the same stainless steel!

I also love how serious Elon is when he says CT is the ultimate apocalypse vehicle.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I also love how serious Elon is when he says CT is the ultimate apocalypse vehicle.
He is the one who pushed the biodefense mode.... which I sure wish I had now on my current car and would happily pay extra for that feature if offered as an option on the CyberTruck.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Kinda curious how they are going to make this work in the production model. If the tweets that Elon have stated are accurate that you will have access to the vault from the cab then the cover rolling up where it does (between the cab and vault) could be hazardous to limbs :)
I'm curious too. I've never owned a truck before, but I'm really interested in camping in it. Taking the kids with me and figure it would be great if you could fold the back seats down and access the cabin from inside the bed, make it more comfortable to sleep in the bed and have stuff in the back seat. Of course, this might be impossible to engineer. At the very least, a window that lowers to allow air con to flow into the bed area and access to bags etc. in the cabin would work. Phones could charge in the bed area I assume since he said there are power outlets there. I'm guessing as long as the temps aren't too high you could be comfortable all night this way with the car in dog mode?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Being that there are no ICE exhaust gases to worry about I think that would be totally feasible. I don’t think Tesla’s legal department would have any issues from a liability standpoint.

Last edited:

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Many vehicles have had passthrus... I would assume it is like most devices, like automatic windows that stop after detecting a certain amount of resistance or maybe if the passthru door is open, it will not let the cover retract or extend.

Not like this problem is rocket science and not like even if it was it would be an issue for the type of engineers Mr. Musk as access to.

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
This is a very good question. I assumed it goes over the rear glass but I don't know

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I'm curious too. I've never owned a truck before, but I'm really interested in camping in it. Taking the kids with me and figure it would be great if you could fold the back seats down and access the cabin from inside the bed, make it more comfortable to sleep in the bed and have stuff in the back seat. Of course, this might be impossible to engineer. At the very least, a window that lowers to allow air con to flow into the bed area and access to bags etc. in the cabin would work. Phones could charge in the bed area I assume since he said there are power outlets there. I'm guessing as long as the temps aren't too high you could be comfortable all night this way with the car in dog mode?
Camp mode on the Model Y, at least, keeps the AC or Heat on to maintain whatever temperature you set and will remain that way till it hits a predetermined level of battery charge. Dog mode is similar but not the same. Plus, with camp mode, you get a nice fire on the display!