Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Diesel VW, F350, Prius Prime
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I am going to need to attach a snow plow. Stainless steel, of course, V plow. Do you think this will be a one-off or standard procedure?
Sponsored

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
I am going to need to attach a snow plow. Stainless steel, of course, V plow. Do you think this will be a one-off or standard procedure?
I know that there are some light-duty plows with aluminum blades (i.e. snowsport).

However, I do I run a stainless wear-edge on the small plow I use on my compact tractor. I don't want the plow-scrape shavings that rust and turn into brown scrape marks on my new concrete driveway, Also I don't have to worry about leaving a rust stain line on my garage floor where I park it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Homestead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Diesel VW, F350, Prius Prime
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Stainless steel snow plows seem to be a thing around here. My nephew had one and all the big boys do too. Center pivot is the most fun type, called a V plow. Probably around $5,500 installed on a “normal” truck. I hope those clever California engineers make a provision for us North Easterners.

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
I need a snowplow on mine also. I sent a question to Tesla about two months ago and haven't heard anything back. If it can't have a plow mounted then It will be only 50% value to me because I do plow about 65 customers with our current trucks. We would use this for local driveways and small businesses close to home. KDN

PR_Noyes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Trucks and Suburbans
Occupation
Web Programmer, Mechanic
Country flag
Mine needs to plow.
Plow and Sand.

Otherwise this dog don't hunt.

I couldn't care less what it looks like.

And I am certainly not interested in any status symbol.

Jennie

First Name
Jennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model Y
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I also need a snow plow on the Cyber truck. It would replace our Ram 3500. It’s a deal breaker if no plow.

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
I will put a drag plow on the hitch if I can't put one on the front. Even a light duty plow on the front will do. Too bad there isn't more info on what it will be able to do.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I would think someone could device a glove like apparatus that would transfer the forces evenly to the exoskeleton. You could put neoprene to protect the metal from scratches. The whole thing could be held on with straps. Blue tooth controls and a power tap.

PR_Noyes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Web Programmer, Mechanic
Country flag
I would think someone could device a glove like apparatus that would transfer the forces evenly to the exoskeleton. You could put neoprene to protect the metal from scratches. The whole thing could be held on with straps. Blue tooth controls and a power tap.

If this is a serious post... plows don't work like that. To put it another way... I could duct tape a fisher plow to a bicycle, but it isn't going to hold up to the forces shocked up through the plow blade, into the plow''s truck-side mount, on then again into the frame, and then down through the suspension.

The exoskeloton design of the CT would likely cave in/break where the snowplow attaches to the CT "frame".

Plows are heavy (very) blades dropped onto the ice and then"pushed" by a VERY powerful vehicle/truck. Everything that blade hits sends shock up through the truck.

0-60 in 2 seconds and bluetooth connectivity have really nothing to do with use of a truck.

Respectfully,

PR_Noyes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Web Programmer, Mechanic
Country flag
Here is a snip on YT of a small snowplow on a smooth driveway. The blade appears to "float" because the truck is actually pushing it along the ground. All these little shocks/impacts are absorbed by the suspension (one hopes...)

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That is a driveway......what happens when you hit a curb in a snow covered parking lot is a totally different situation. plows have springs to absorb some hit but the truck still gets the brunt of it

PR_Noyes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Web Programmer, Mechanic
Country flag
Exactly. I so want a Tesla CT to really be viable. Just at this point I'm not seeing it. I don't need an oxen to perform at a drag strip. I need an oxen to out-work my horses.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
If this is a serious post... plows don't work like that. To put it another way... I could duct tape a fisher plow to a bicycle, but it isn't going to hold up to the forces shocked up through the plow blade, into the plow''s truck-side mount, on then again into the frame, and then down through the suspension.

The exoskeloton design of the CT would likely cave in/break where the snowplow attaches to the CT "frame".

Plows are heavy (very) blades dropped onto the ice and then"pushed" by a VERY powerful vehicle/truck. Everything that blade hits sends shock up through the truck.

0-60 in 2 seconds and bluetooth connectivity have really nothing to do with use of a truck.

Respectfully,
The strength is there without 2 beefy frame mounts, it would just have to be spread out. The bluetooth was just to raise and lower the blade. I suppose you could run a cable. Electric over hydraulic or just electric if fast enough.

The hood probably doesn't have much strength except stopping for bullets so you could not attach to that area.

Yes it is over simplified and would require further study. Maybe they have some spots on the megacasting and or use the reinforced spots on the tow hooks or something.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
The cybertruck will have a mega-casted front and back, as well as structural battery pack.
I think there will be a way to mount a plow to the from mega-casting.

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
??
Sponsored