Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Given how moving the AI Day event was for me I have decided to (and somehow miraculously gotten my wife on board ) upgrade to the trimotor configuration. I believe that the prices for the vehicle and FSD are absurdly low right now given where Tesla Motors seems to be headed. I think it would be crazy not to take advantage ASAP of this once in a lifetime opportunity to own a historical one million mile battery vehicle with the most powerful AI computer on earth. I am stoked to say the very least! ???

BTW, for those curious, I retained my original reservation number…. ?
Tesla Cybertruck So…I modified my order…. 5236DE0E-8CE8-4CD9-AA4C-EC2937E03142
Sponsored

Last edited:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Hey! I just looked at my "order". 'Looks like they kicked the FSD up from 7k to 10k without consulting me! F150's look'n better all of the time. THERE SHOULD BE A LAW.....
You should just get the F-150 then - it's a free world. :LOL:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You should just get the F-150 then - it's a free world. :LOL:
thats alright.....mine went from 7k to 10k.......then disappeared altogether.......cant seem to get anyone at Tesla to help me find out anything.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
thats alright.....mine went from 7k to 10k.......then disappeared altogether.......cant seem to get anyone at Tesla to help me find out anything.
There's no one to ask, yet. Wait for the configurator.

The current reservation purchase does not display the price you purchased at. Only the price/details for a new reservation.

-Crissa

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Hey! I just looked at my "order". 'Looks like they kicked the FSD up from 7k to 10k without consulting me! F150's look'n better all of the time. THERE SHOULD BE A LAW.....
I think everyone that opens their order to view it in the edit window now sees FSD as $10k. I also had it locked in at $7k and it changed so I called a Tesla rep and they assured me that they can see the complete order history and as long as no changes were made since you originally placed the order with FSD at $7k then you are good to go and they will honor the $7k. Now if they choose to deliver to the buyers that pay the full $10k like they are with the model y price hike deal that is another story.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
As far as I know, Tesla has never jacked the base price for reservations (although they reserve the right to).

Also as far as I know, they have never put someone ahead in the queue for buying a non-physical option, such as FSD.

And like the plaid-plus orders, they have generally honored the previous order position and price when they have modified availability, tho sometimes you have to call.

There's no one to call until they're converting reservations into orders, tho.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Not free at 50, 70 thousand bucks!
If I were buying the F-150 Lightning (fat chance), I think I would be up in the $92K range, maybe a little more depending upon what configuration/options Ford will be offering. Because the less expensive models don't seem to have what it takes to make a good on the road truck. You're not going to get EPA range going 70 mph and the Ford fast DC charging network is not up to snuff yet.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
BTW, for those curious, I retained my original reservation number….
That's exactly what I was wondering. My reservation is for a dual motor. I'll keep it that way until they start actually producing them and I see whether the tri-motor reservations are getting calls first.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I had to replace the hard drive in this laptop and one of the issues I had was not being able to log into the Tesla website to check my order. I used the same user info and password but no joy.
I also scanned my saved emails and can't find any emails from Tesla about my order.
I do have a screenshot on my phone that shows I have a CY on order showing a two motor with FSD although I did not order FSD.
I'm going to try to muddle through the ordeal of changing names and passwords and see if I can log back in but being somewhat of a Luddite with computers this may be easier said than done.
I'm assuming that at some point in time I'll get a call or email telling me it's time to finalize my order and get the truck I want which is now the Tri-motor without FSD.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had to replace the hard drive in this laptop and one of the issues I had was not being able to log into the Tesla website to check my order. I used the same user info and password but no joy.
I also scanned my saved emails and can't find any emails from Tesla about my order.
I do have a screenshot on my phone that shows I have a CY on order showing a two motor with FSD although I did not order FSD.
I'm going to try to muddle through the ordeal of changing names and passwords and see if I can log back in but being somewhat of a Luddite with computers this may be easier said than done.
I'm assuming that at some point in time I'll get a call or email telling me it's time to finalize my order and get the truck I want which is now the Tri-motor without FSD.
well I got CT3 with FSD.....order showed FDS at 7k......the jumped to 10k......the FSD completely disappeared from order......it will be hell getting them to add it back for 7k if not there when configuration time comes.....but I want it cause it may have HW4......we will see what happens......BTW: my computer crashed and o have been unsuccessful in getting back the email the said o ordered FSD.....we will see what finally happens

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The order page never showed the FSD price, only the edit/reserve another page showed the price.

-Crissa
you may be right but I remember seeing it somewhere on my order

OP
OP
SAVFPV

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That's exactly what I was wondering. My reservation is for a dual motor. I'll keep it that way until they start actually producing them and I see whether the tri-motor reservations are getting calls first.
Yes, that was my original plan too... but I'm afraid that the FOMO hit way too hard after AI day.

I'm assuming that once the truck is in full production the prices will go up significantly. Its just priced "SO LOW" right now for the extreme (perceived) value you will be receiving!

OP
OP
SAVFPV

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
When I placed the FREEZE order, it was for a CT2 @ $49,900 and FSD @ $7,000.
I'm hoping that the many others here are right in saying that Tesla is usually pretty honorable when it comes to their early reservation holders.....
Sponsored