So something is wrong in Austin ... CyberTruck backlog

kburns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cyberbeast Foundation, 2023 Y AWD, 2018 3 LR
Country flag
Let the facts speak.
Look at how many CT's are piled up at Austin. Compared to Y's and 3's. SINCE every one of those trucks are sold, plus every truck that they can make for the next three years is sold as well, why would they have 300-400 trucks there just gathering pollen dust? That is $40M sitting there.

Something is wrong.

Part failure, redesign, build and go back and fix before shipping looks like a fit.

Even though this forum catches a lot of CT folks, it is a small %. But, there should be deliveries every hour or so ... even if this forum, only has 5% of the population.

Maybe, just maybe ... if / when they finally run out of other people to put in front of me, the truck I end up with will be better than what the YouTubers and rich people and famous people got.

Maybe.

I remain skeptical that my expiration date will come well before my VIN or delivery date.
I got my VIN for Cyberbeast on March 7/8th (so long ago I’m losing track) and was also concerned there was some major issue since I had not heard anything in 1 month. I had called a few times and was altold the car is in Austin.

But I called again yesterday (4/8) and they said the car was on the train and outside of Arlington, TX on its way to Irvine, CA!

So either there was an issue that was resolved or there’s major train delays.
Sponsored

Kl777yl

First Name
GR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, model X, CT ETA 2 wks
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you listen to what the drone operators say (which, apparently, you don’t), they tell us that carriers with CTs are leaving the factory constantly. The bottleneck is surely that the maximum we have ever seen on a particular carrier is 4 CTs.

that you (and I) do not have one yet is almost orthogonal.
two days ago coming down I-35 north of Dallas, met several truckloads with 6 CTs on each load

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I thought the same about showrooms storing them, but I've been proven wrong by the 10 that have made their way to my showroom with maybe one being delivered since they started arriving 5 days ago.
Weren’t you supposed to your truck yesterday? Did they move the delivery date again?

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Weren’t you supposed to your truck yesterday? Did they move the delivery date again?
They never gave me a delivery date until yesterday (4/10 delivery). The eta before that was arrival to showroom.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
They never gave me a delivery date until yesterday (4/10 delivery). The eta before that was arrival to showroom.
Oh ok. Today’s a great day for delivery. Congratulations!

seadsmoney

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3; FSCT (no vin)
Country flag
Oh, BTW, I have a 100% loan from the Navy Federal CU, but for some reason they sent me an email saying my loan application was declined yesterday. Do you think the cashier's check bounced?
Should have gone with USAA 🌞

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD (two), Model Y
Occupation
Oncology Biotech Exec | GOD BLESS THE USA
Country flag
In an unusual situation like this, perhaps Tesla can make an offer / option "to pick up the vehicle from GigaFactory" - Tesla saves on transport (assuming dealer doesnt need to do too much prep - or do the prep in Texas) and CTs fly off the lot....

Can anyone think of anything wrong with this? Tesla should just offer people "hey you can come to Texas to pick it up"....

I would even be willing to forfeit the delivery charge I already am willing to pay for...

Tesla Cybertruck So something is wrong in Austin ... CyberTruck backlog 1712760642359-zw

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
In an unusual situation like this, perhaps Tesla can make an offer / option "to pick up the vehicle from GigaFactory" - Tesla saves on transport (assuming dealer doesnt need to do too much prep - or do the prep in Texas) and CTs fly off the lot....

Can anyone think of anything wrong with this? Tesla should just offer people "hey you can come to Texas to pick it up"....

I would even be willing to forfeit the delivery charge I already am willing to pay for...

1712760642359-zw.png
  • Because they don't have the facilities for it?
  • Because if something happens, you are stuck in Texas and complaining?
  • Because shipping is a very small portion of the delivery timeline?
  • Because Tesla wanted to give CA and TX owners first dibs at the truck (This is the item that I have the most issues with)
  • Because there are tax issues and then the owner has to go through the process of switching stated and possibly paying more money for taxes that can't be rolled into a loan?
  • Because the customer local Service Centers aren't ready to maintain the vehicles?
I'm quite sure that I missed a number of reasons.

dralkim86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
  • Because Tesla wanted to give CA and TX owners first dibs at the truck (This is the item that I have the most issues with)
  • Because there are tax issues and then the owner has to go through the process of switching stated and possibly paying more money for taxes that can't be rolled into a loan?
  • Because the customer local Service Centers aren't ready to maintain the vehicles?
All of these can be explained away by YOLO. lol

OP
OP

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
Well, there is a problem if they have hundreds of CT's sitting there, sold, not delivered. Can anyone think of why that would be other than transport? Transport is lame because they know how many fit on a truck and they can get trucks there. If it was transport, Y's would be piled up too.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If your CT arrives, fails, and can't be warranty repaired, in a couple of reasonable attempts, invoke the State's "Lemon Law." Course you may need to pay a Lemon Law Lawyer too! You're entitled to a new CT, or refund the full price... minus legal fees!! But what a hassle over months...

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I don’t care what you guys think, I’m a rich guy and my 2-week old CT is perfect! Oh, BTW, I have a 100% loan from the Navy Federal CU, but for some reason they sent me an email saying my loan application was declined yesterday. Do you think the cashier's check bounced?
100%? Fake rich……….. got 125%…. Plus gap insurance 🤣🤣🤣