Solar CT news? Where do you plan to park your Cybertruck?

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
I think solar could be huge for an "outside truck" , someone tell Musk!

I live in a townhome with an attached garage, it has served my M3 well.. But I'd hate to have an EV without a garage to charge it in.. And i am slightly concerned about the CyberTruck not fitting in my standard garage. I foresee frequent supercharger visits in my future, or a house upgrade. I hope i wont have to use street parking, but getting a spot near the visitors area is going to be tough. I plan to make a deal with the local pub up the street, to park the truck in the back in a pinch..

Wherever i park though, camping or at home, its going to be in the sun. Just a few solar panels would go a long way towards eliminating phantom drain at least, for a truck that will not fit in most garages. Thoughts? Hopes? News?
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
The average garage size is 22' x 12' (264" x 144"). The CT, at unveiling, was 234" x 84".

While it may not fit YOUR garage, it WILL fit in the average garage.

Having said that, the two-car garage I had in Albuquerque wouldn't have fit two Mazda Miatas. I don't know what the heck those builders were thinking. Maximize profit, minimize wasted garage space, I'm guessing.

OP
OP
Baldey

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
The average garage size is 22' x 12' (264" x 144"). The CT, at unveiling, was 234" x 84".

Having said that, the two-car garage I had in Albuquerque wouldn't have fit two Mazda Miatas. I don't know what the heck those builders were thinking. Maximize profit, minimize wasted garage space, I'm guessing.
My two car garage is 20' long ;( don't think 7" of clearance will be enough, but i guess technically it would fit! Maybe with the 5% shrink and a little bit of cleanup, i could risk a foot and a half? I suppose it could stick out in a pinch...

Last edited:

OP
OP
Baldey

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
Not alot of truck owners live in urbanized attached housing.

-Crissa
Not a lot of people (20%) live outside of urbanized housing. And weird, there's a bunch of trucks around here..

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
My two car garage is 20' long ;( don't think 7" of clearance will be enough, but i guess technically it would fit!
maybe modern built garages “average” 22’ deep, but in most of the country a 20’ depth is more common

when the Lightning released, there were more than a few first time full-sized truck buyers that found out ~6” of clearance makes for an unwieldy parking tolerance day after day

for similar reasons my Lightning (and F150s before it) park just outside the garage and I run the charger under the garage door

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Oh can we have someone prove all these measurements with detailed images? I don't think we've done that yet...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
come to my town. half the vehicles parked in my row townhouses are trucks. maybe more.
Probably because they don't fit inside. Alot of trucks out there not doing truck things.

Not a lot of people (20%) live outside of urbanized housing. And weird, there's a bunch of trucks around here..
Most trucks aren't in private hands, either.

🤷🏼‍♀️

-Crissa

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
@Baldey I'll be parking outside and hoping solar is an option. I have 3 car garage that is 20'-21' deep depending on the bay.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
20 years of Sun service whether ad-hoc or permanently parked outside has to be good.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Probably because they don't fit inside. Alot of trucks out there not doing truck things.

Most trucks aren't in private hands, either.

🤷🏼‍♀️

-Crissa
no... we don't have garages in the complex. these are all parked outdoors 365 /24 /7. these are daily drivers for my neighbors. not contractors in most cases.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I think solar could be huge for an "outside truck" , someone tell Musk!

I live in a townhome with an attached garage, it has served my M3 well.. But I'd hate to have an EV without a garage to charge it in.. And i am slightly concerned about the CyberTruck not fitting in my standard garage. I foresee frequent supercharger visits in my future, or a house upgrade. I hope i wont have to use street parking, but getting a spot near the visitors area is going to be tough. I plan to make a deal with the local pub up the street, to park the truck in the back in a pinch..

Wherever i park though, camping or at home, its going to be in the sun. Just a few solar panels would go a long way towards eliminating phantom drain at least, for a truck that will not fit in most garages. Thoughts? Hopes? News?
If you upgrade your home (as in sell and move into a bigger place, you can blame your progress on Cybertruck. Just another way Cybertruck is improving lives. You certainly won't regret it.
Sponsored