MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
this Is a ~ 6 year old install. a nice older lady stopped by one of our trucks pleading for help. original company X won’t return calls and she’s scared of insurance ramifications involving them. we’re fixing the problem and cleaning the rest of the system

just thought I’d drop a little loosely CT related humor on a Friday. Hope y’all have a great weekend!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Wow, that looks a little rotty as well as chewed.

I've been thinking of adding rodent or insect mesh to prevent that in my re-roof.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
sometimes things happen.

gonna need some and possible an AR-15 to deal with the roof Wolverine that did this

IMG_2918.jpeg
Those don't look like any kind of solar panels I've ever seen. What's going on there? Is that some kind of backer-board and what is it's function?

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

I've been thinking of adding rodent or insect mesh to prevent that in my re-roof.

-Crissa
I have mesh it's a little less pretty but should save me down the line

OP
OP
SolarWizard

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
Country flag
Those don't look like any kind of solar panels I've ever seen. What's going on there? Is that some kind of backer-board and what is it's function?
the panels are just filthy
the chewed up area is just a builder grade roof decking, underlayment and basic shingles

Last edited:
OP
OP
SolarWizard

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
Country flag

-Crissa
this array had a wire mesh critter guard installed. Those work well for birds, bats and squirrels but rats go right through it. In this case they chewed out the roof decking from the attic up. This is a much more serious instance but rodent damage whenever There are any branches present within ~ 5ft in any direction virtually guarantees 4 legged pests hanging out up there or worse

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
this array had a wire mesh critter guard installed. Those work well for birds, bats and squirrels but rats go right through it. In this case they chewed out the roof decking from the attic up. This is a much more serious instance but rodent damage whenever There are any branches present within ~ 5ft in any direct virtually guarantees 4 legged pests hanging out up there or worse
I use hardware cloth designed for rodents and I just keep thinking I should put it everywhere. I was thinking insect mesh for the roof because of boring bees and wasps. I don't mind them, I just don't want to accidentally invite them in.

There's no reason for rodents to be attracted to my house, and normally, I don't have a problem with them.

But every once in awhile, my neighbors dislodge a nest and then they're gnawing on my house again.

-Crissa

OP
OP
SolarWizard

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
Country flag
Wow, you're not kidding. Those are the filthiest solar panels I've ever seen!
In 15 years in this business I’ve seen way worse stuff lol
this pic is a good summary of why we offer an annual inspection & clean as part of our service. These panels weren’t doing much even before Pestapalooza took place
Sponsored