States that love or hate the Cybertruck :)

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
Do you agree with your state? I don't! :)

Tesla Cybertruck States that love or hate the Cybertruck :) States that love or hate the Cybertruck

These Are The States That Love Or Hate The Tesla Cybertruck

According to a survey PartCatalog.com did with geotagged Twitter data in the 12 hours following the presentation, more states couldn't stand it than those which were eager to buy one. The company analyzed more than 100,000 geotagged tweets tagged with #cybertruck. According to them, messages such as "I hate it" prevailed in 31 states. The ones that celebrated the pickup truck were a majority in only 19 states.

The West Coast and Northeast states had the most favorable views. Surprisingly, there are traditional truck markets in which it did really well, such as Illinois, Missouri, Lousiana, Alabama, Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado.
Sponsored

TrailHiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I’m in Virginia - maybe that means the truck will be more unique here.

Now if only I could get Tesla to install some super chargers nearby. My city has a level one trauma center but the nearest supercharger is 80 miles away. That’s a shame.

chphilo

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), Tundra
Country flag
I am in PA. The closest charging station is about 40 miles away. There are chains of superchargers along the highways, but there's scarcity in northern PA. I am looking forward to getting the solar panel for Cybertruck.

Joelm

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Tesla M3, Cybertruck
Occupation
Self employeed
Country flag
Florida soon to be NC here and love it. Still have a Rivian Reservation but might cancel it .

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck reservation
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Sadly I’m in the minority for Indiana. I love the design but most people I talk to don’t hate the design. Maybe I surround myself in people that support my decisions or they actually don’t mind the design

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am in PA. The closest charging station is about 40 miles away. There are chains of superchargers along the highways, but there's scarcity in northern PA. I am looking forward to getting the solar panel for Cybertruck.
Save up for a home 220 V charger. And in three years you'll have close bye options.

chphilo

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), Tundra
Country flag
Save up for a home 220 V charger. And in three years you'll have close bye options.
I am planning on getting one. I am hoping though that by the time I get the truck, more charging options will be available.

Questor3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m in Virginia - maybe that means the truck will be more unique here.

Now if only I could get Tesla to install some super chargers nearby. My city has a level one trauma center but the nearest supercharger is 80 miles away. That’s a shame.
I thought I had it bad with the nearest Supercharger being 10 miles away! So sorry for you! (I'm in Chicagoland...)

Last edited:

rharl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck tri motor
Occupation
insurance
Country flag
South Carolina here and yes a very traditional,state so cyber truck will not be welcomed w open arms until they see it

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Reading this old post and seeing how people are wanting super chargers close to where they live has me a little confused. Super Chargers are for when you are traveling not when you can charge from home. Those people that can’t charge at home I understand but driving to a charger locally kind of takes away one of the best benefits for a EV IMO. If a person can afford the truck then they should be able to afford a home charger. Right?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Right! One is generally indifferent to the opening of a new super charger near where he lives. He is much more interested in new superchargers in locations to which he travels or expects to travel.

I suppose, in keeping with the subject of this thread, that I should note that I too am from VA and laughed when first I saw it at the reveal. But now I am anxiously awaiting delivery. I think initial reaction tells us little about who is likely to be buying. It would be really nice of Tesla to release information on the number of pre orders they have by state.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Most people i know here in Texas dont like it because they say " that doesn't look like a truck". This is because most men only want to drive a truck to look tough, macho and manly. Of all the truck owners i know my father is this only one who is constantly loading that thing up on weekends and doing work. He actually prefers sedans, but knows he NEEDS a pickup. I have even heard a guy with a lifted, 4WD Z71 say he didnt want to get his truck dirty when talking about driving it on the beach.

This is a problem in Texas, Pickups are everywhere... just to fill ego's of insecure men. Really funny, and really funny to watch them haul down i-10.. chromed out 24"s shinning... rubber band mud tires howlin and the bed so high they cant even use it and for some reason its a good thing there truck gets 12mpg..

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Here in GA I see lots and lots of lifted trucks with the oversized tires extending way beyond the fenders and what appears to be about 6 inch exhaust pipes. They just have to get on it at every light for whatever reason. I’m looking forward to so much more performance without even having to show it.

Turtle

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
South Carolina here and yes a very traditional,state so cyber truck will not be welcomed w open arms until they see it
You might be correct, but l’ll bet our CTs draw crowds wherever we go. All our friends will want a ride for sure. By the way I am in Greenwood, SC and preordered the tri motor.
Sponsored