cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
So far twice run super bowl commercial calling out Tesla’s self-driving - was this run regionally (I’m in Texas) or did everyone see it?

Tesla Cybertruck Super Bowl Commercial from “Dawn Project” calls out Tesla self-driving 530E238E-5A33-4EB4-A741-7724EFA9AEAE
Sponsored

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Well, if it was only regional, we're seeing the limit of his cash.

-Crissa
at ~$7MM per 30 seconds national or some such, it’s partially why I assumed it was regional

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
---------------------------------------------

CLOWN SHOW: Reviewing Dan O'Dowd's Anti-Tesla Super Bowl Ad! With Dr. Scott Walter
It might seem like a bad joke, but 2.5 million people have watched Dan O'Dowd's "Dawn Project" anti-Tesla Super Bowl ad online -- so Dr. Scott Walter, robotics expert and fellow FSD beta tester, and I break down just how bad this supposedly informative video truly is!
Note: Dan O'Dowd is CEO of Green Hills software, a company that makes competing products to Tesla's FSD Beta.
Dan is also the founder of The Dawn Project.
Scott and I are amateur observers and these are our amateur opinions. Do your own research regarding this material and come to your own conclusions.
Feb 13, 2023
Dr. Know-it-all Knows it all

------------

---------------------------------------------

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
From the sounds of it, there was a warning at the bottom of the screen on each of these incidents. So likely the message is either “Take control immediately” or “Automatic braking disabled while accelerator pressed”.

Honestly, I think people should ignore him. Everything he does is amateur hour and would likely be ignored regardless.

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Honestly, I think people should ignore him. Everything he does is amateur hour and would likely be ignored regardless.
lots of ordinary folks will absorb the sensational take, add it to their personal opinion database, and never question it again until the next Super Bowl ad

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
From the sounds of it, there was a warning at the bottom of the screen on each of these incidents. So likely the message is either “Take control immediately” or “Automatic braking disabled while accelerator pressed”.

Most on this forum probably see his antics as "amateur hour" but most buyers don't know better and millions do/will believe O'Dowd/DawnProject's misinformation.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Most on this forum probably see his antics as "amateur hour" but most buyers don't know better and millions do/will believe O'Dowd/DawnProject's misinformation.
I’ve seen little evidence that the public takes his crap seriously.

There is a dedicated crowd of FSD haters, but what they say doesn’t really resonate outside small circles. The fact that they only have a couple legit fatalities to point to and most Autopilot accidents are coupled with seriously impaired drivers takes away a lot of their arguments.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...Wow, none of these clips where you can see the inside cabin can you see the blue 'fsd activated' wheel on car's screen, and all of them show a warning message on the car's screen.

-Crissa

Oops, about halfway through he started pointing that out on every clip.

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I’ve seen little evidence that the public takes his crap seriously.

There is a dedicated crowd of FSD haters, but what they say doesn’t really resonate outside small circles. The fact that they only have a couple legit fatalities to point to and most Autopilot accidents are coupled with seriously impaired drivers takes away a lot of their arguments.
It's amazing how many people are anti Automation or Auto pilot. This commercial confirms they are right(in their minds).

But what is more distressing, is the anti Tesla media jumps on the bandwagon, and they quote this guy and show that video, without worrying about the truth. Because they are just reporting what Dowd did. Here's what I'm talking about.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/video/dawn-project-super-bowl-commercial-160914516.html
Sponsored