Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any rumors on getting tax credit for the cybertruck when we start getting it in 2022 or 2023?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Any rumors on getting tax credit for the cybertruck when we start getting it in 2022 or 2023?
That's Biden's plan, yes. A $10k one. (7.5k for BEV, plus 2.5k for American made.) There's also rumors of being able to get it as a markdown at point of sale.

Different states also have incentives, too.

-Crissa

OP
OP

Jose pena

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sound good thanks Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's Biden's plan, yes. A $10k one. (7.5k for BEV, plus 2.5k for American made.) There's also rumors of being able to get it as a markdown at point of sale.

-Crissa
hope California will continue to have one

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag

-Crissa

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I had read that the BEV tax credit had a cap on vehicle price of 80k as well. My personal concern would be adding in the optional CyberQuad and it being tacked into the vehicle price along with FSD on a Trimotor would bring that price above the 80k cap. This in essence could make the CyberQuad 10k more expensive in that configuration. =(

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I had read that the BEV tax credit had a cap on vehicle price of 80k as well. My personal concern would be adding in the optional CyberQuad and it being tacked into the vehicle price along with FSD on a Trimotor would bring that price above the 80k cap. This in essence could make the CyberQuad 10k more expensive in that configuration. =(
One version has a price cap at 80k. None of it's been signed into law yet so that may change. The way Biden is so chummy with the Unions and Big Auto, they might have a carve out for trucks so the Hummer and the expensive F150 builds can get in. (Union made trucks only of course)

I doubt the Cyberquad will count against that, but it will make for some tough choices for folks who wanted the Tri motor plus FSD. Those 1,500 off-road tires might end up costing 11,500 instead.

Lots of weird math to keep that rebate.

Of course most of the interesting F150 builds, all of the early Rivian builds, and all Hummer builds are out of the running as well.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One version has a price cap at 80k. None of it's been signed into law yet so that may change. The way Biden is so chummy with the Unions and Big Auto, they might have a carve out for trucks so the Hummer and the expensive F150 builds can get in. (Union made trucks only of course)

I doubt the Cyberquad will count against that, but it will make for some tough choices for folks who wanted the Tri motor plus FSD. Those 1,500 off-road tires might end up costing 11,500 instead.

Lots of weird math to keep that rebate.

Of course most of the interesting F150 builds, all of the early Rivian builds, and all Hummer builds are out of the running as well.
even a tri-motor and fsd, that is still below 80k being 69 + 10 = 79......I dont think taxes are included in the cap

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
even a tri-motor and psd, that is still below 80k being 69 + 10 = 79......I dont think taxes are included in the cap
Yeah, Tri motor plus $7k FSD is $77k tiny bit of room for perhaps a modest upgrade. Might have to ditch FSD on the initial purchase so you can add solar for $4,000… maybe losing out on your pricing for FSD.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, Tri motor plus $7k FSD is $77k tiny bit of room for perhaps a modest upgrade. Might have to ditch FSD on the initial purchase so you can add solar for $4,000… maybe losing out on your pricing for FSD.
well I am still trying to get Tesla to respond or tell me what happened to my reservation with included FSD and then all of a sudden it disappeared.....thats why I used 10k for fsd.....69 + 7 = 76.....that leaves 4k for solar....but will fight that battle later

if the stupid monthly rate was 150 I would just do that.....but I won't pay 199.....I like all the extra features of fed, but not the price

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
if the stupid monthly rate was 150 I would just do that.....but I won't pay 199.....I like all the extra features of fed, but not the price
I find the feature incredibly difficult to justify when autpilot does 80% of what I'd like out of FSD. Based on how much I have to intervene with autopilot on moderately windy roads, I don't think FSD is going to be good enough in city driving for quite some time.

Beta 9 is a whole other engine so maybe?? I'm hoping they release it for subscribers so I can test it out before the truck ships.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
well I am still trying to get Tesla to respond or tell me what happened to my reservation with included FSD and then all of a sudden it disappeared...
Until the configurator is open, there's no one at Tesla to fix it. If you have your initial email, it'll be there.

-Crissa
Sponsored