Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
1.) This is from the Crowdsource Camper forum. I scaled the photo from Tesla's website using a 231.7" as the overall length using Bluebeam software.
I am assuming the advertised 6.5" vault would be an interior dimension. I guessed that the thickness of the tail gate at 2.3" The problem is , this puts the wall of the bed past the door. Assuming there is a couple inches of seat this area is not adding up in my mind.
2.) This got me thinking about the telescoping tailgate/ramp shown in the reveal. Knowing how I treat my trucks a little bit of muddy sand and some dents and that would quickly get gummed up. Anybody have more detail on the tailgate?

Tesla Cybertruck telescoping tailgate and bed length 1606359865670
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
12x6.5 = 78" maybe that's the problem?

The telescope ramp, I guess they can try sealing it with wipers or leave it open and able to be rinsed, or pressure washed out. I think that would be fine

Also check out this pic the bulge at the back of the cab is where vault cover windup goes I believe

Tesla Cybertruck telescoping tailgate and bed length 03_Deskto

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
12x6.5 = 78" maybe that's the problem?

The telescope ramp, I guess they can try sealing it with wipers or leave it open and able to be rinsed, or pressure washed out. I think that would be fine

Also check out this pic the bulge at the back of the cab is where vault cover windup goes I believe

03_Desktop.jpg
Thanks for the pic. That explains a lot. So the 6.5' is a little misleading it is a 3d equivalent of a parallelogram. You would not be able to fit a 6.5' box in there. All you hearse operators out there would only be able to handle short clients.

I wonder if the telescoping tailgate will be standard. I could see the telescoping ramp becoming a problem. I think they could design some ramps that fit inside the tailgate. You pop them out the few times you need to roll something in the back. They would of course have a nice interface with the end of the tailgate.

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
I wonder if the telescoping tailgate will be standard. I could see the telescoping ramp becoming a problem.
After the X Elon said "no more falcon wings." I think he may decide the ramp in the tailgate is almost equivalent, as in a holdup to manufacturing, rather than an invaluable addition.