Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
So, I don't know about y'all, but the renderings in that Electrek article showing the Tesla Semi as an RV just about made me want to sell my house and put everything I had on black. Here is the article Link. That is pretty cool. I just did a big RV trip with the family in a 32 ft. gas V10 and it was costly and underpowered. If I were Winnebago I would be trying to get every Semi I could get my hands on to add RV coaches on.

It would be cool concept to come up with a concept like a 5th wheel that had an actual connection to the cab. The renderings in the link would require major structural modifications and probably won't turn as well as a 5th wheel. The single large frame is probably the most practical though.

This is definitely one of my retirement goals now
Sponsored

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Looks nice but theres a lot of cart before the horse-ing going on.
is wager something like the one in question would cost $6-750k but given the cost of big boy rvs now thats not too bad

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
So, I don't know about y'all, but the renderings in that Electrek article showing the Tesla Semi as an RV just about made me want to sell my house and put everything I had on black. Here is the article Link. That is pretty cool. I just did a big RV trip with the family in a 32 ft. gas V10 and it was costly and underpowered. If I were Winnebago I would be trying to get every Semi I could get my hands on to add RV coaches on.

It would be cool concept to come up with a concept like a 5th wheel that had an actual connection to the cab. The renderings in the link would require major structural modifications and probably won't turn as well as a 5th wheel. The single large frame is probably the most practical though.

This is definitely one of my retirement goals now
Black is the worst colour for anything that you live in...but off grid RV is my jam. I used to live "the van life" in the 80's, before that was a thing.

1MWh of batteries would provide 100days of power for my passive home. But charging at an RV park would take you a few days...anywhere between 17 and 5.