Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
Elon has sad that he would want blue steel as a color. I am thinking that I want the redest one they have.

what about the rest of you and also who thinks this will actually be a feature?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Theoretically you could do it with a heatgun, getting it all the same might be tuff though. I think blue is like 550f-600.

Ima grab a torch and see if I can "paint" a plate blue
Give us a picture of the results if you do it.

Personally I really like the idea of heat colored CTs. I don’t think it would work well after the CT is built though. I was hoping the CT exoskeleton could be built out of a single full sheet of SS that could be color tempered before all the cutting and bending. Hopefully the color would stay consistent at the bends and cuts. Then I also I wonder what scratches will do with the tempered color. Is the color only on the surface? Or if scratche

I doubt Tesla will do the colors for us but it would be cool if they did. Assuming it looks nice of course. I’d like to see an example before committing to a color.

OP
OP
Ryan95738

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
Theoretically you could do it with a heatgun, getting it all the same might be tuff though. I think blue is like 550f-600.

Ima grab a torch and see if I can "paint" a plate blue
Any luck on those test plates?

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Any luck on those test plates?
I'll do it today, if I can.

i think, any color other than the straw, brassy color isnt really doably. as the heat is way too high and would melt anything around or on the other side, as well as its hard to get a consistant color. and i think it warps at the high temps too

Last edited:

Double Dare Fan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Kia Soul
Occupation
etsy.com/PlatonicWoodWorks
Country flag
Maybe try bluing liquid. It is used in gunsmithing. How well will it work on stainless steel, I have no idea. Someone will have to experiment. I do not have any bluing liquid, otherwise, I would experiment right now on whatever scrap of SS I have.

OP
OP
Ryan95738

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
Maybe try bluing liquid. It is used in gunsmithing. How well will it work on stainless steel, I have no idea. Someone will have to experiment. I do not have any bluing liquid, otherwise, I would experiment right now on whatever scrap of SS I have.
Silverware

OP
OP
Ryan95738

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
I'll do it today, if I can.

i think, any color other than the straw, brassy color isnt really doably. as the heat is way too high and would melt anything around or on the other side, as well as its hard to get a consistant color. and i think it warps at the high temps too
Pictures please!
Sponsored