Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
EV start up Byton Motors just shut down. No real word on why, but COVID-19 likely had something to do with it along with the Chinese Communist Party sticking their fingers in everything. Their models were pretty innovative. Sad to see them die as we need innovation and competition to make progress. Not coming from Big Detroit or Germany anytime soon. It does show how well positioned Tesla is and they have hard fought to get where they are now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
EV start up Byron Motors just shit down. No real word on why, but COVID-19 likely had something to do with it along with the Chinese Communist Party sticking their fingers in everything. Their models were pretty innovative. Sad to see them die as we need innovation and competition to make progress. Not coming from Big Detroit or Germany anytime soon. It does show how well positioned Tesla is and they have hard fought to get where they are now.
I AssUMe "EV start up Byron Motors just shut down" and not dumped!?

OP
OP
MEDICALJMP

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I AssUMe "EV start up Byron Motors just shut down" and not dumped!?
BYTON shut down all their European and American offices and nobody is answering the phones st the China plant, according to E For Electric. Who knows if anyone will buy their IP or factory.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
That's unfortunate. I agree that more BEV manufacturers are better. Perhaps one reason is the lack of marketing or creating a buzz. I haven't heard of them until now. Interestingly, I don't think they could claim that their first product was the " first premium electric SUV" . Wouldn't that title go to the Tesla Model X?

Also, they were late to the game in the overcrowded sea of SUV offerings. It's hard to stand out in that market. Personally, I purposely won't buy an SUV because that's all I see on the road.

Finally, as frustrated as I am about the poor quality of products made in China, I would never buy a whole vehicle made there.

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
BYTON shut down all their European and American offices and nobody is answering the phones st the China plant, according to E For Electric. Who knows if anyone will buy their IP or factory.
Jeff, you might want to edit your original Post from "sh_t" to "shut"?!?!?! ?
Sponsored