Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Joe Tegtmeyer managed to snap some pretty nice shots of the progress on the 4680 production and there seems to be a bit more progress then I thought.

Not being a battery guy, I kind of rely on these comments from someone who is.

UPDATE: More and closer images

Sponsored

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Berlin GigaGRĂśENHEIDE with its factory water permit in jeopardy has raised the fear of losing Berlin battery production there altogether. GigaAUSTIN is more important than ever were Berlin to lose its water permit for batteries. Austin would need to ship batteries to Germany.

I find it unimaginable that Tesla are in a position that threatens a critical component of its core business in EU. GigaGRĂśENHEIDE water permit amounts to a full â…“rd of the water supply. This is not a Johnny-come-lately discovery but first principle behind siting a $B factory from day 1.

SpaceX with Raptor production running ragged. Now Tesla running out of water in Germany, explains Elon’s tweet… appropos

“thinking of quitting my jobs & becoming an influencer full-time wdyt“ -ElonMusk 12/9/2021

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Updated the top post, but cross posting here.

Joe posted some more detailed images.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I am not at all surprised with the Model Y being the immediate target need for the batteries.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Berlin GigaGRĂśENHEIDE with its factory water permit in jeopardy has raised the fear of losing Berlin battery production there altogether. GigaAUSTIN is more important than ever were Berlin to lose its water permit for batteries. Austin would need to ship batteries to Germany.

I find it unimaginable that Tesla are in a position that threatens a critical component of its core business in EU. GigaGRĂśENHEIDE water permit amounts to a full â…“rd of the water supply. This is not a Johnny-come-lately discovery but first principle behind siting a $B factory from day 1.

SpaceX with Raptor production running ragged. Now Tesla running out of water in Germany, explains Elon’s tweet… appropos

“thinking of quitting my jobs & becoming an influencer full-time wdyt“ -ElonMusk 12/9/2021
I think your logic falls a bit SHORT…..?
Sponsored