Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
Tesla is reiterating the Cybertruck’s late 2021 initial delivery guidance

May 19, 2021

It appears that Tesla is really looking to start the production of the Cybertruck later this year. In a message reaching out to Cybertruck reservation holders, the EV maker reiterated its late 2021 initial delivery target, suggesting that the all-electric pickup may reach the hands of its customers sooner than expected.

Tesla’s message to its Cybertruck reservation holders were initially shared on Twitter. The message was quite brief, though it mentioned something interesting in the way that it mentioned the upcoming production of the all-electric pickup. Following is Tesla’s message. It also invited reservation holders to test drive a Model 3 or Model Y.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla continues saying Cybertruck first deliveries coming late 2021 E1sUXTLX0BUKqO

Tweet:

“Hello from Tesla! Congratulations on taking the first step to becoming a Tesla Owner! The Cybertruck will start production in late 2021 and will be an exciting time for everyone. We have exciting news! We opened a new location in Fort Myers! Since the Cybertruck has yet to be released, we would like to extend an invitation to test drive a Model that is currently available. We have the Model 3 and Y available for test driving,” the message read.

Based on comments from Cybertruck reservation holders online, it appears that the message has only been sent to some customers. In a Twitter thread about the message posted by @peytonlschaefer, for example, a number of Cybertruck reservation holders confirmed that they received the same message, but others noted that they did not receive any communication about the all-electric pickup truck.

Tesla’s message about the Cybertruck’s initial production remains interesting, however, especially in light of Elon Musk’s recent comments about the Model Y that would be produced in Gigafactory Texas. According to Musk, the Model Y from Texas would launch with Tesla’s custom 4680 cells, the same batteries that are expected to be used for the Cybertruck. If Tesla could start Model Y production in Giga Texas with 4680 cells outright, then the company may be able to produce some Cybertrucks by the end of the year as well.

The Tesla Cybertruck is quite controversial and polarizing due to its looks, which Elon Musk describes as a cyberpunk, futuristic armored personnel carrier. The vehicle shocked the automotive industry when it was unveiled, and it has practically reached cult status since. Despite its unique appearance, Elon Musk has mentioned in the past that the Cybertruck is shaping up to be one of Tesla’s most popular vehicles.

“I have never seen actually such a level of demand at this — we’ve never seen anything like it. I think we will make about as many as we can sell for many years. So — as many — we’ll sell as many as we can make. It’s going to be pretty nuts,” Musk said during a previous earnings call.

source: https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertrucks-reiterates-2021-deliveries/
Sponsored

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
Worth noting start of production could be 1 truck by 12/31. I for one fully expect we see actual “volume” production in Q1. I was an optimist thinking they’d beat timeframes (last year’s optimism). I now don’t expect to see my CT before March of 2022. I’m about 8500 “in line”.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla is reiterating the Cybertruck’s late 2021 initial delivery guidance

May 19, 2021

It appears that Tesla is really looking to start the production of the Cybertruck later this year. In a message reaching out to Cybertruck reservation holders, the EV maker reiterated its late 2021 initial delivery target, suggesting that the all-electric pickup may reach the hands of its customers sooner than expected.

Tesla’s message to its Cybertruck reservation holders were initially shared on Twitter. The message was quite brief, though it mentioned something interesting in the way that it mentioned the upcoming production of the all-electric pickup. Following is Tesla’s message. It also invited reservation holders to test drive a Model 3 or Model Y.

E1sUXTLX0BUKqOg.jpeg

Tweet:

“Hello from Tesla! Congratulations on taking the first step to becoming a Tesla Owner! The Cybertruck will start production in late 2021 and will be an exciting time for everyone. We have exciting news! We opened a new location in Fort Myers! Since the Cybertruck has yet to be released, we would like to extend an invitation to test drive a Model that is currently available. We have the Model 3 and Y available for test driving,” the message read.

Based on comments from Cybertruck reservation holders online, it appears that the message has only been sent to some customers. In a Twitter thread about the message posted by @peytonlschaefer, for example, a number of Cybertruck reservation holders confirmed that they received the same message, but others noted that they did not receive any communication about the all-electric pickup truck.

Tesla’s message about the Cybertruck’s initial production remains interesting, however, especially in light of Elon Musk’s recent comments about the Model Y that would be produced in Gigafactory Texas. According to Musk, the Model Y from Texas would launch with Tesla’s custom 4680 cells, the same batteries that are expected to be used for the Cybertruck. If Tesla could start Model Y production in Giga Texas with 4680 cells outright, then the company may be able to produce some Cybertrucks by the end of the year as well.

The Tesla Cybertruck is quite controversial and polarizing due to its looks, which Elon Musk describes as a cyberpunk, futuristic armored personnel carrier. The vehicle shocked the automotive industry when it was unveiled, and it has practically reached cult status since. Despite its unique appearance, Elon Musk has mentioned in the past that the Cybertruck is shaping up to be one of Tesla’s most popular vehicles.

“I have never seen actually such a level of demand at this — we’ve never seen anything like it. I think we will make about as many as we can sell for many years. So — as many — we’ll sell as many as we can make. It’s going to be pretty nuts,” Musk said during a previous earnings call.

source: https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertrucks-reiterates-2021-deliveries/
I would just point out that starting production in late 2021 is not the same as deliveries in 2021. It takes time to ramp up production. I would look for volume deliveries in March at the soonest, if everything goes like clockwork.

Eddie_Catflap

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester SJ 2.5i
Occupation
Archaeologist
Country flag
I got a phone call last year from a Tesla AU salesperson, 2 or 3 weeks after placing my CT pre-order. He said much the same as the msg's posted above "...congrat's... we invite you to test drive an (existing) Tesla model..." :/

Cyberpark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
I think it's a good thing to get the car later.Why?Because industrial products always have a bit of teething problems in initial delivery, after the first love period, stability is coming.

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
Worth noting start of production could be 1 truck by 12/31. I for one fully expect we see actual “volume” production in Q1. I was an optimist thinking they’d beat timeframes (last year’s optimism). I now don’t expect to see my CT before March of 2022. I’m about 8500 “in line”.
That is my estimate of when early deliveries will start. I'm roughly 10,000th in line and I am anticipating April/May 2022.

beeeasybro

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon,Outback, and previously Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Boat Captain
Country flag
Did you get a message like this? I wonder how many of these messages they sent out and possibly it was based on location... I wonder ?

beeeasybro

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon,Outback, and previously Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Boat Captain
Country flag
That is my estimate of when early deliveries will start. I'm roughly 10,000th in line and I am anticipating April/May 2022.
Bro I thought I was good ordering the night of the unveil but I’m about 40k in line.

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
Did you get a message like this? I wonder how many of these messages they sent out and possibly it was based on location... I wonder ?
I didn’t, however, I am a current Model 3 owner, so they won’t have any benefit in hitting me up to purchase another one haha.

I did consider upgrading the 3 to the Y instead of the CT, but the CT is adding significant functionality for me over what a Y could offer.
Sponsored