Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
According to data from Rerev, the most anticipated EV of 2023 is the Tesla Cybertruck. It is getting far more searches than any other EV.

1: Tesla Cybertruck: 1,854,710
2: Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV: 231,510
3: Jeep Avenger: 173,480
4: Audi A6 E-Tron: 128,690
5: Kia EV9: 79,490
6: Lucid Gravity: 68,820
7: BMW I5: 68,670
8: Rolls-Royce Spectre6: 1,150
9: Porsche Macan EV: 37,490
10: Delorean Alpha5: 14,700

The Cybertruck generated more than twice the number of Google searches than the other nine vehicles on the list combined.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Cybertruck is the most anticipated EV of 2023 (by long shot) according to online search data FsP95TBWIAQJLiC

Sponsored

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Here's some more online search data...

Interestingly, Utah is beating CA and TX for search volume. "Cybertruck cancelled" has also become a breakout query.
Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 10-08-24 Google Trends.png
Can you pull that information for Australia too please?

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
1680118528187.png

What percentage of the 1.85 million searches do you think were done by people from this forum? I'm sure I searched it a few thousand times. :)
The results only confirms that Delorean fans are either more productive than us ( spend less time Googling) or they are just into duckduckgo.

Seriously though, I have not Googled CT in a very long time. This Forum has simply been my only Go to place for anything CT. I guess I have been Googling indirectly through everyone else here.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
12-month search comparison results below, clearly Lighting has the edge.

They have a car on the road, and a large truck customer base.

Tesla CT has remained relatively dormant compared to Fords Lightning , I guess a tsunami of searches once CT hits the road.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Cybertruck is the most anticipated EV of 2023 (by long shot) according to online search data 1680142530273

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I'll take this as confirmation of my theory: The so-called "EV Revolution" is actually just a Tesla revolution.
there’s no doubt Tesla is the spear tip by a long shot, but…

12-month search comparison results below, clearly Lighting has the edge.
… confounding influence in this particular data is that BEV pickup trucks are new, rare, and - in the US - targeting the 3rd biggest category of vehicle buyers (as well as converting buyers who avoided or left trucks for gasoline hog related reasons)

I look at that list and am less surprised by the number of CT searches as I am how many have cared to search for those other vehicles

I guess a tsunami of searches once CT hits the road.
I’d head for high ground on release day

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
According to data from Rerev, the most anticipated EV of 2023 is the Tesla Cybertruck. It is getting far more searches than any other EV.

1: Tesla Cybertruck: 1,854,710
2: Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV: 231,510
3: Jeep Avenger: 173,480
4: Audi A6 E-Tron: 128,690
5: Kia EV9: 79,490
6: Lucid Gravity: 68,820
7: BMW I5: 68,670
8: Rolls-Royce Spectre6: 1,150
9: Porsche Macan EV: 37,490
10: Delorean Alpha5: 14,700

The Cybertruck generated more than twice the number of Google searches than the other nine vehicles on the list combined.
The most obvious “research note” ever here. Earlier in the year someone in the auto media asked what vehicle they anticipated most… then in a follow up said “And don’t say Cybertruck” as if he can dictate people’s opinions. Clearly even the haters can read the room.

Only question I have is why is the Rolls Royce Spectre6 so high on this list when it has so few searches? Was there a typo on the thing?

Deleted member 3316

The most obvious “research note” ever here. Earlier in the year someone in the auto media asked what vehicle they anticipated most… then in a follow up said “And don’t say Cybertruck” as if he can dictate people’s opinions. Clearly even the haters can read the room.

Only question I have is why is the Rolls Royce Spectre6 so high on this list when it has so few searches? Was there a typo on the thing?
Pretty sure it’s just Spectre not Spectre6. 61,150 fits.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
The results only confirms that Delorean fans are either more productive than us ( spend less time Googling) or they are just into duckduckgo.

Seriously though, I have not Googled CT in a very long time. This Forum has simply been my only Go to place for anything CT. I guess I have been Googling indirectly through everyone else here.
CYBRTRK overexposure symptoms/signs to watch for:
You feel 'Googly-eyed'
Sponsored