Mars Adventure Gear

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation Series AWD
Country flag
Due to high demand, we have sold out our first batch of production as of June 10. All orders placed after will have an estimated shipping time of July 15 - 20. Apologies for the inconvenience and appreciate your support! Any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Hello guys,

We'd like to introduce you to our latest product, the MARS™ EXPEDITION CROSSBARS. We believe there is a perfect balance between form and function and compromises aren't necessary. In developing the crossbars for Cybertruck, we discovered some compromises that the Tesla engineering team had to make for a cleaner exterior look which made it challenging to design a functional crossbar system that’s also easy to install. After many iterations and tests on our own vehicle, we finally came up with a crossbar design that matches the vehicle exterior while providing a variety of mounting features.

Use code EARLYBIRD to enjoy 10% off. Purchase Now

Follow Mars on Instagram, X, or Facebook or join the Mars Community on Discord to avoid missing the latest product announcements.

1718001862326-ij.jpg

• All metal construction - made with 6061 Aluminum (we believe any use of plastic on the exterior is “anti-cybertruck”)
  • functional crossbar with a large contact surface area and multiple T-slots for attachment points
  • universal rooftop mounting connector that’s compatible with other MARS™ accessories such as the MARS™ Side Bar

1718002047684-lc.jpg

1718002072877-w2.jpg

1718002094227-dz.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mars Adventure Gear

Mars Adventure Gear

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I finally got my truck after a nearly 5 year wait - I'm sorry but I never want to see the word 'pre-order' again
Us too!

Totally understood - the good thing our products are shipping by the end of this month. We feel like it's close enough of a shipping date for us to come out of stealth!

OP
OP
Mars Adventure Gear

Mars Adventure Gear

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

personage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
These look awesome! How are they mounted? Do they fully cover the plastic covers that hinge up to expose the mounting points? Is there a weather seal/gasket between the crossbar connector and the top of the truck?

In the photos it looks like there is a gap between the crossbar connector and the vehicle body, which could be intentional, so the weight is on the frame underneath and not on the glass/plastic panels.

Any plans to offer higher crossbar connectors for positions 2, 3, and 4 so that the roof load can sit level?

OMFG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Wildtrak, Raptor 6.2, Cyberbeast (soon)
Country flag
Awesome job Mars...I just ordered all 4 bars about 2hrs ago. I love the fact they aren't adjustable width ways...never understood by a mfg would make vehicle specific adjustable ones for trucks as they will store in bed length wise if you need to remove mid-trip. Considering Tesla's aren't available till sometime later this year and they are $800 for only 2, I am more than happy to pay $900 for all 4 and without the possible weak point being the smaller internal cross bar the outside ones slide over. Now I just need to get a few more rotopax jerry can's to mount on it so it really throws ppl off along with my Holley Carb and Flowmaster stickers. ;)

Trekboy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota 4Runner, Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm debating how I'm going to haul my 17.5 ft canoe on Cybertruck. Usually, canoes are transported gunwale side down. No prob on my 4Runner which I strap down on to horizontal racks, and then for good measure, I tie down the bow and stern to prevent catastrophe from a wind gust. I just can't see me doing it this way with the severe angle of the racks on CT. I would literally have a parachute above me. I suppose I could haul it like a kayak, with the gunwales up, but that would lead to more stability issues. Has anyone else thought of this?

Mal

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep CJ-7
Country flag
I can't quite tell from the pics: Do the 4 crossbars end up being in a plane? Like, would an 8 foot straight edge touch all of them if laid across them? (the pic makes it look like the frontmost one isn't in plane with the others, but might just be the some aspect of angle and lens)

OP
OP
Mars Adventure Gear

Mars Adventure Gear

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
so is it 1 bar, 4 bars or 2 bars for $500?
Oh man, looks like we made it too confusing. Apologies!

It's 2 bar for $500 (we sell as a pair). However, you can customize it however you want. We've got people ordering bar 1 & 4, bar 1 & 2 & 4 .... and each cost $250.

OP
OP
Mars Adventure Gear

Mars Adventure Gear

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome job Mars...I just ordered all 4 bars about 2hrs ago. I love the fact they aren't adjustable width ways...never understood by a mfg would make vehicle specific adjustable ones for trucks as they will store in bed length wise if you need to remove mid-trip. Considering Tesla's aren't available till sometime later this year and they are $800 for only 2, I am more than happy to pay $900 for all 4 and without the possible weak point being the smaller internal cross bar the outside ones slide over. Now I just need to get a few more rotopax jerry can's to mount on it so it really throws ppl off along with my Holley Carb and Flowmaster stickers. ;)
100% - we debated hard and long internally on the adjustable mechanisms (no gonna lie, it's actually cheaper for us since you just need to fabricate & stock up 1 size instead of 4) but we decided it was a better idea structurally.

Looking at some well-known accessories makers out there for other vehicle platforms, one thing we've learned is that simple is the best!

OP
OP
Mars Adventure Gear

Mars Adventure Gear

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
These look awesome! How are they mounted? Do they fully cover the plastic covers that hinge up to expose the mounting points? Is there a weather seal/gasket between the crossbar connector and the top of the truck?

In the photos it looks like there is a gap between the crossbar connector and the vehicle body, which could be intentional, so the weight is on the frame underneath and not on the glass/plastic panels.

Any plans to offer higher crossbar connectors for positions 2, 3, and 4 so that the roof load can sit level?
Oops looks like we need to update the listing with more pictures!!

They cover the hole entirely and you can't see them when installed. And you're exactly right, there is an indented gap between base of the connector and the plastic exterior trim piece for several reasons:

1. when parts bolt together, we don't want it to put stress on the plastic trim piece and leave a permanent damage. We noticed the plastic Tesla used for this area is rather fragile and can be scratched up easily.
  2. water ingress through this location is not something we need to worry about as the current plastic cap on Cybertruck doesn't have any seals around it and is a loose fit.
  3. That's the expedition rack we have on our website - you should check it out! https://www.marsag.co/shop/p/mars-expedition-rack
    We're working on the second half to make a full flat rack.

OP
OP
Mars Adventure Gear

Mars Adventure Gear

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm debating how I'm going to haul my 17.5 ft canoe on Cybertruck. Usually, canoes are transported gunwale side down. No prob on my 4Runner which I strap down on to horizontal racks, and then for good measure, I tie down the bow and stern to prevent catastrophe from a wind gust. I just can't see me doing it this way with the severe angle of the racks on CT. I would literally have a parachute above me. I suppose I could haul it like a kayak, with the gunwales up, but that would lead to more stability issues. Has anyone else thought of this?
That's an interesting point. We've tried with Kayak but not a Canoe.

Maybe the solution is our https://www.marsag.co/shop/p/mars-expedition-rack ? We're working on the second half so it can support longer items such as a Canoe.
Sponsored