Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Interesting decision on no badges or logos. I can see how painting lengthens the production time, but badges/logos would add neglible time. Must be for aesthetic reasons?
Brutalism Is a design aesthetic that influenced the cybertruck. In the architectural/design world, Brutalism is usually pure and true to form (raw stainless and planer form) Also usually devoid of ornamentation (so No badges and “decoration”)

Franz took his industrial design skills to the next level. The prototype is a masterpiece. True beauty in its most honest form.
Sponsored

David R Kirkpatrick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 P100S, Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The orange version is waaaaay too NORMAL. Has to be stainless, unpainted or maybe basic black or psychedelic wrap. Personally, I like the sharp angles.

LongJakeSilver

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
1576773907665.png
1576773949091.png

Pretty sure the offset is fine flares definitely cover.
I’m not so sure there is an actual offset, it just looks that way because the bed is slightly tapered. Have a look at the overhead view on Tesla’s website

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
ct with 2 motors 800 miles range and ss with rft…!!!

YodasBite

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid and Prius V... But hopefully soon a CyberTruck will replace the latter
Occupation
Software engineering manager
Country flag
Interesting decision on no badges or logos. I can see how painting lengthens the production time, but badges/logos would add neglible time. Must be for aesthetic reasons?
I hate this. CyberTruck or Tesla across the tailgate would be sweet. Same with the T-logo on the hood.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I’m not so sure there is an actual offset, it just looks that way because the bed is slightly tapered. Have a look at the overhead view on Tesla’s website
I don’t understand what your trying to tell me?

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
Still needs side mirrors.
Also, for those who want the big mudder tires, all that noise and aerodynamic resistance of the knobby tires will cut into the range.

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
Also, for those who want the big mudder tires, all that noise and aerodynamic resistance of the knobby tires will cut into the range.
Does everyone realize that this truck is two years away, and antiquated rules, claiming only mirrors can show you what is behind you, can easily be updated.

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
I don't see this re-design as being a deal-breaker, but Elon Musk is ultimately going to be the one to decide on any changes. Tesla is a US company and should not have to cave in to pressure from a small European market segment. Either the Cybertruck will be made available in its current form in North American markets only, or will also be produced at regional European factories in a compromised form (at a much higher price) for those additional markets.
I agree I don't see redesigns as being a deal breaker, but past history would indicate this is the principle design. Perhaps little changes may need to be made. For instance side mirrors may need to be added, if the archaic rules that only mirrors can only show you what is behind you can not be bought up to date. I think the side lights, can be added easily blended in with the bumper and stainless steal gap. Overall, I don't feel this is a "concept" vehicle, I think a few adjustments may be needed, but nothing major.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Lol I didn’t know noise could impact the range..

I think you mean increased rolling resistance.

Also if you don’t already know that bigger heavier aggressive off road tires have an impact on range you probably have never owned them. Meaning you probably don’t need them.

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
Lol I didn’t know noise could impact the range..
Yes, it takes a bit of energy to make that much noise. Each knob impacting the pavement dissipates energy that gets absorbed into the air and the rubber. Some of the howling noise is also the result of the air being blown by the knobby tread pattern, so depends what you call it - air resistance or noise losses. The frontal area of the tire being wider also increases aerodynamic drag for those portions extending below and outboard of the fender and flare.

People may be expecting the 500 mile range "as shown". But I suspect those off road-tires will be optional and the quoted range will be with some standard on-road highway style tires.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Yes, it takes a bit of energy to make that much noise. Each knob impacting the pavement dissipates energy that gets absorbed into the air and the rubber. Some of the howling noise is also the result of the air being blown by the knobby tread pattern, so depends what you call it - air resistance or noise losses. The frontal area of the tire being wider also increases aerodynamic drag for those portions extending below and outboard of the fender and flare.

People may be expecting the 500 mile range "as shown". But I suspect those off road-tires will be optional and the quoted range will be with some standard on-road highway style tires.
Right, the increased rolling resistance of the tire. (y)

While there’s no evidence to say the range rating is or isn’t with 35” mud terrains. I think the general consensus is that Tesla is going to get the EPA rating and estimates using a tire with the lowest rolling resistance they can.

I would also hope they offer some sort of wheel and tire upgrade package with published percentage of range decrease.
Sponsored