FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
Excerpt from an article that looks at CT reservation holders and their intent to carry through. It appears the majority of CT truck reservation holders do intend to follow through with the purchase!

Posted on April 15, 2023

According to a new survey, Tesla Cybertruck reservation holders still firmly intend to buy, years after the initial announcement.

The car reservation system has dramatically grown in popularity since Tesla made it a core part of its brand, and it’s no wonder why. By allowing customers to reserve a vehicle ahead of time, automakers gain an additional stream of revenue, an easy gauge of interest in its upcoming model, and even a reduction of required storage space. Now, ahead of the Tesla Cybertruck’s launch later this year, surveyed reservation holders appear dedicated to still buying, even years after the vehicle was announced.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Cybertruck reservation holders maintain high ‘intent to buy,’ says survey 1681816449021
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Cybertruck reservation holders maintain high ‘intent to buy,’ says survey 1681816471615

Luckily, Tesla Cybertruck buyers shouldn’t have too much time to wait, especially as more production equipment comes online at the Giga Texas facility where the electric truck will be produced. On top of this production readiness, there have been a growing number of sightings of the Cybertruck, indicating that a final prototype design has been made, and is now entering final regulatory certification.

Full article here: https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-reservation-survey/
Sponsored

Last edited:

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
People now know even more about the Tesla ethos and what can be achieved from it, after the Model 3 and Model Y have been ramping at scale.

"Preconceived notions of what a truck should be..." (Franz) notwithstanding, I think more of the Cybertruck reservation holders will have a solid commitment to buy, based on what Tesla has shown the public with the Model 3 and Model Y.

- ÆCIII

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
the only way I see that they could have surveyed people is on sites like this. I don’t think we are representative of the average reservation holder.

87Gbody

First Name
Albero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Country flag
does anyone know how I can check where I am on the waiting list ?

Excerpt from an article that looks at CT reservation holders and their intent to carry through. It appears the majority of CT truck reservation holders do intend to follow through with the purchase!

Posted on April 15, 2023

According to a new survey, Tesla Cybertruck reservation holders still firmly intend to buy, years after the initial announcement.

The car reservation system has dramatically grown in popularity since Tesla made it a core part of its brand, and it’s no wonder why. By allowing customers to reserve a vehicle ahead of time, automakers gain an additional stream of revenue, an easy gauge of interest in its upcoming model, and even a reduction of required storage space. Now, ahead of the Tesla Cybertruck’s launch later this year, surveyed reservation holders appear dedicated to still buying, even years after the vehicle was announced.

1681816449021.png
1681816471615.png

Luckily, Tesla Cybertruck buyers shouldn’t have too much time to wait, especially as more production equipment comes online at the Giga Texas facility where the electric truck will be produced. On top of this production readiness, there have been a growing number of sightings of the Cybertruck, indicating that a final prototype design has been made, and is now entering final regulatory certification.

Full article here: https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-reservation-survey/

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
the only way I see that they could have surveyed people is on sites like this. I don’t think we are representative of the average reservation holder.
So from I gather. Recurrent Auto requires specific cars to join their program on battery reports

https://support.recurrentauto.com/en/how-do-you-generate-these-reports

https://support.recurrentauto.com/en/which-evs-are-eligible-for-a-battery-report

I'm assuming after this they send out surveys to people inside their "community" and that's the extent of their "data"

So current EV owners who sign up to their programs is their demographic.

Haven't been able to find a white paper explaining their survey methodology yet.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Cybertruck reservation holders maintain high ‘intent to buy,’ says survey 1681836829741

:cool:

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag

Posted on April 15, 2023

1681816449021.png
1681816471615.png

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I've never seen those commercials before. I wonder if it's because I live in Wisconsin.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I've never seen those commercials before. I wonder if it's because I live in Wisconsin.
There are a bunch of them. All of them are brilliant.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
That post is incorrect. The numbers are NOT sequential but mixed with all other reservations Tesla is taking.

You need to use the Reservation spreadsheet. You will need a beefy desktop browser to use it.

-Crissa
The reservation spreadsheet results can probably be beat by anyone paying attention due to using better assumptions. If I wanted to know more I would:

1) find the lowest known Cybertruck reservation number, #1
2) Estimate how many non-Cybertruck reservations had been made between #1 and my own reservation number and subtract that from the difference.
3) Estimate how many reservations will be cancelled or deferred and subtract that from the previous difference.
4) Add in any employee reservations that were after yours but will be delivered first.

As you can see, due to 3 and4, not even Tesla can tell you exactly where you are in line.

When making your assumptions, remember that an intention to buy now is different from actually buying when the time comes.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I'm still definitely buying.

It's not just this thread or a Cybertruck purchase that's $30K out of date, but actually all automotive and economic sectors.

The prices still bring more value for money than ICE trucks, especially when considering the cost of ownership over five years and what the Cybertruck brings which no other can match.

- ÆCIII
Sponsored