Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
The dealership fight is gonna be a doozy. They're going to pull every trick in the book because the only way they live is to make it impossible to sell a car directly.

But their biggest problem is that virtually everyone hates them... like everyone. All except for the people who either work for them directly or are given "contributions". And they still just double down on being shitty by continuing to rip people off without shame.

Either way, they won't sell their unpopular old ICEs for long and low build rate EVs won't cut it. So eventually we're going to tell them...

"See you at the party Richter!"

Does any one know if it's possible to set up a Tesla delivery acceptance and delivery business? You order a Tesla using the delivery service's address in a sensible state. They receive and inspect your new Tesla, then drive it to you in the neighboring asshole state.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Does any one know if it's possible to set up a Tesla delivery acceptance and delivery business? You order a Tesla using the delivery service's address in a sensible state. They receive and inspect your new Tesla, then drive it to you in the neighboring asshole state.
Tesla already does this. But legally, they have to hand it to you, not someone they're paying.

-Crissa

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag

Hold up a sec, you live in The People's Republic of Virginia and are saying crap like this??? Please, stay there, continue to pay your exorbitant taxes and be under represented, and don't come here... I have never lived in a bigger asshole State than yours and never will again. Please stay there and keep your ways there.

Tesla already does this. But legally, they have to hand it to you, not someone they're paying.

-Crissa
Our Y purchase was seamless, and I am sure any other Tesla purchase we make will be too. A lot of this hub bub revolves around people wanting to come and pick their vehicles up from the factory and want Texas to change its ways to accommodate them... What a shocker, given our entitled society. Elon is a newbie and outsider here, even with his billions and influence, he doesn't have the sway that might hold somewhere else, like your State, for example. We have had this discussion before. If you are happy with where you are at, as with the above, please stay there, keep your ways there, and live a happy/prosperous life.

Speaking generally, we Texans would also appreciate you not attempting to change Texas to something else suit your needs... Regardless of what those are, y'all. We will change as we need to and to take care of what we need to. Thanks!

SS

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Hold up a sec, you live in The People's Republic of Virginia and are saying crap like this??? Please, stay there, continue to pay your exorbitant taxes and be under represented, and don't come here... I have never lived in a bigger asshole State than yours and never will again. Please stay there and keep your ways there.
Wow. Um. OK. I will. And, I'll keep paying my exorbitant taxes which allow me to enjoy smooth Northern Virginia roads, nice schools, and decent infrastructure.

I hope you enjoy that buttery delicious dealership experience for years to come. I never knew that dealerships were a part of the Texas "way" threatened by us outsiders.

Do Texans celebrate Dealership's Eve or have a Dealership Memorial in the center of town?

Last edited:

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Tesla sells everything they produce (and will continue to do so) before it is even built so I can see why Elon is not overly concerned about the dealership issue in Texass.
If there is enough kickback or if he thinks it is necessary he will do what every other company does....he'll buy some politicians (they work for campaign contributions) and get what he wants.
I hope my next trip out there us to pick up my CT.

radami1

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, model s
Occupation
retired
Country flag

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah Elon. I'm sure the Dems will welcome you with open arms. Haha. Better start your own party. Read Ross Perot's book.
I campaigned for Perot.

He was a fool.

Mathematically a third candidate makes getting a candidate elected that supports some of your ideas less likely: Only one candidate can win. The group that gets more than 1/2 of votes always wins. Hence, it's always better to select a candidate that can get that threshold - or to join a coalition that can.

Basic math that I wish someone had pointed out when I was 18.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Thats why elections only give the illusion of freedom of choice.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thats why elections only give the illusion of freedom of choice.
That's the opposite of what they do.

Having to live in a world with others means having to compromise to come to a consensus. It doesn't mean your way or the highway. Because highways need consensus to build.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
That's the opposite of what they do.

Having to live in a world with others means having to compromise to come to a consensus. It doesn't mean your way or the highway. Because highways need consensus to build.

-Crissa
lol
I agreed with your statement and you use a different argument to counter it? 👋👋👋

Math does not care who you vote for.

Compromise and census has nothing to do with a rigged system, where people like you have to vote one party or another otherwise your vote doesn't count at all. The smaller parties don't have enough critical mass to be a part of the "compromise and consensus" fabric of mob rule. Hence your Perot comment in the first place??

If you had a direct democracy instead of a representative democracy in the USA then you might be 0.5% closer to using that as a counter argument, because then your vote would count directly towards issues and not idiots. But even there referendums are only raised if there is enough support, or awareness of a subject in the first place. Let alone they are manipulated by red hearing mandates, like CH had vote last year for continued Covid restriction and cash handouts OR no Covid restrictions and NO cash handouts. Guess which one won? Just to be turned around months later because it was too late to be meaningful and they didn't want to handout cash after all.

It's failed experiment with blind followers for the lack of any real choice to make positive change. Democratic governments are designed to be hard to change, the opposite of what we need in a world desperate for change.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.