Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
September 6. 69 backwards. Didn't even check if a Sunday
It's mid-week, so the best 'build day' of the first batch of CYBRTRK is Wednesday.
Handover at 2:49, or 4:20(?)
The first car l owned was a '75 SuperBug, and Barry Coutts, the owner of VOLKSPOWER was emphatic it was built mid-week. It went on to win outright 'The Day Of The Volkswagen' 5 years in a row.
I can only imagine CYBRTRK built everyday like it's a Wednesday. No not the Addams Family!! That would be kooky!
Edit: Don't worry if deliveries come with stainless 'Mars', Franz has indicated they've developed a 'finish' you can do yourself.
So even the smallest nicks WON'T 'Uncle Fester'
Sponsored

Last edited:

CHC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Model X
Country flag
I expect a 350 mile CT to be able to achieve pretty close to 350mi in real world conditions. Does anyone have reason to believe that a first ever Chevy/GMC EV pickup will attain 450 miles just because their promotional materials say so? (I mean, I know GM is America's EV Leader, but C'mon, Man!)
I mean the work truck is already released and in production and many auto reviewers are getting a 450-500 mile range in their tests.

bigrin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Honda Pilot, Lexus sc430
Occupation
Professional Investigator
Country flag
I’m pretty far in line, so I am not for a few years, but would a lot of people bail if it is just 350 miles? I think so. Or they buy it and hold it for a later one.. it would be hard to turn it down
Smart play: Buy and hold!

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
I mean the work truck is already released and in production and many auto reviewers are getting a 450-500 mile range in their tests.
Okay. But even if that is an actual range, they are doing it with a 200kWh battery. (I do get that if Tesla gets 350 miles off a 120kWh battery, the vocal minority will say, "wElL tHeN tEsLa ShOuLd UsE biGgEr bAtTeRiEs!)"
But I like churning out high volume trucks with a more efficient Mile/kWh and a smaller battery vs the competition throwing giant batteries into limited production trucks and saying, "we have very few to sell, but our initial configuration does more miles than Cyber Truck does." If this ever devolves into a big battery swinging contest, Tesla will eventually throw a 200kWh battery into the CT and all the More Range folks will go silent.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
43 MILLION views thus far. The 1.8 million orders are just the tip of the iceberg.

Using the unboxed production method, I think all variants will begin next year. Production will exceed 500,000 in 2025.

Reasonable to assume prices will be set to reach large sales volumes.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
43 MILLION views thus far. The 1.8 million orders are just the tip of the iceberg.

Using the unboxed production method, I think all variants will begin next year. Production will exceed 500,000 in 2025.

Reasonable to assume prices will be set to reach large sales volumes.

Only 43 Million.
Imagine ~10 X
420 Million People see CYBERTRUCK somewhere, sometime in the Future. Looks doable.

CHC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Model X
Country flag
Okay. But even if that is an actual range, they are doing it with a 200kWh battery. (I do get that if Tesla gets 350 miles off a 120kWh battery, the vocal minority will say, "wElL tHeN tEsLa ShOuLd UsE biGgEr bAtTeRiEs!)"
But I like churning out high volume trucks with a more efficient Mile/kWh and a smaller battery vs the competition throwing giant batteries into limited production trucks and saying, "we have very few to sell, but our initial configuration does more miles than Cyber Truck does." If this ever devolves into a big battery swinging contest, Tesla will eventually throw a 200kWh battery into the CT and all the More Range folks will go silent.
Besides the volume production argument, and thereby getting a CT faster, I can’t imagine why anyone would want a smaller battery. A bigger battery has longer range, aux charging applications, faster charging, less battery degradation, etc. etc.

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
Obtaining enough battery materials is going to be a big problem. Best not to get more battery than you need. You'll also miss out on cool chats with other EV drivers at the charge stations.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
I'm sure the first "x" number of CT's will be for quality control testing. Looking at production tolerances, and other production QA. Great progress though and I'd assume August will be the month of final quality control remediation for preparation for full production starting Sepetmber.
Yes production betas. However deliveries to those that lined up early preorders is still many months away. Any delivered outside of employees doing testing will also be doing testing with NDAs in place.
I bet the convert a few early preorders to regular deliveries before the start of 2024 if things go really well.

MonkeyDeLuffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Occupation
Math In-and-Out
Country flag
People seem a little worried about the random dude who says 350 miles of range.

Wouldn't that just mean dual motor is coming out first?

Screenshot_20230715-152407.png
I would wait for the one with a longer range if that rumor is true. It is really hard to align battery improvement and production ramp-up with CT long-range ramp-up.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m pretty far in line, so I am not for a few years, but would a lot of people bail if it is just 350 miles? I think so. Or they buy it and hold it for a later one.. it would be hard to turn it down
if only 350 miles, im bolting
Sponsored