Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I am... very excited about this. Was going very concerned about the cost of insurance with a very expensive Cybertruck through a legacy insurance company

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am... very excited about this. Was going very concerned about the cost of insurance with a very expensive Cybertruck through a legacy insurance company
I am in Irvine, ca.......I have had USAA for 50 years and Tesla insurance is 70% more........so, dont think I will be changing.....besides I get two subscribers dividends each year totaling around $975........

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
I don't think so. How about NO!

I don't need a Big Brother punishing me for flooring it 1000's of times, which I have done every single chance I get.

My early warning braking signal would cost me dearly going off many times unnecessarily, but a couple times appreciatively, which is why I keep it on for the unexpected heads-up.

Lastly, I would be destroyed for those rare opportunities in wide-open spaces where I took advantage of the amazing torque and zipped up to 137 mph, even though top speed is advertised at 135. Probably not even 10 times, but it would put me in solitary confinement for even once with a careful, ever watching eye.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
We’re in Oregon and our existing insurance isn’t due for a few months so haven’t changed yet.

Our current plan with Progressive which includes a Model Y is quite reasonably priced so I can’t imagine our savings will be mind bending. I think we pay about $1600/ year right now.

I am in Irvine, ca.......I have had USAA for 50 years and Tesla insurance is 70% more........so, dont think I will be changing.....besides I get two subscribers dividends each year totaling around $975........
Tesla insurance in California is a bit different from other states because it cannot use telemetry to calculate rates. In Oregon, Colorado, and Virginia; Tesla backs their policies too while in the rest of the existing states they use a third party to carry it.

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Country flag
I gave my co-worker a homework assignment. He drives a Model 3. He came here from California and he agreed with others here that Tesla insurance in CA was more expensive then both USAA and Geico (which he currently uses).

Now that he lives in CO it will be interesting to see what the Tesla insurance price to him will be.

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Country flag
I gave my co-worker a homework assignment. He drives a Model 3. He came here from California and he agreed with others here that Tesla insurance in CA was more expensive then both USAA and Geico (which he currently uses).

Now that he lives in CO it will be interesting to see what the Tesla insurance price to him will be.
He finally took the 10 minutes to get a quote. His current insurance is with Geico. With Telsa Insurance his price here in CO would drop by about $30/mo. This is pretty significant drop for just one car if you ask me. He did not know if Tesla would insure none Tesla vehicles.

Also, it's still pretty pricey. He said it would run him about $124/mo with Tesla. He's not young. He's married. He has no kids driving their cars. I was surprised a Model 3 was this much to insure. He said it's because they still cost a lot to repair...when needed.
Sponsored