Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I just have basic AP. I nearly never get any sort of warnings about not touching the wheel, and have never once had an attention warning. The camera was moved down on later models, on my 19 it's so high that I can't see it. My wife says I sit up too straight in most cars. I guess the car is programmed to not disable AP if it simply can't see your eyes.

Tesla figured out the steering wheel weight, and did counter-measures. I outsmarted Musk so far, by moving the weight to the right side. They are all made to go on the left, that's what they detect, but not the right side, LOL. If that starts to be detected, I'll come up with something else.

As to maps, it's only an occasional problem. But there are enough small reasons to use the phone that I bought that cheap solution.
Ah okay, yeah, I don't think basic AP has the attention nag yet. Could be wrong.
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Yeah, they added that over a year ago.

Also it's not like I'm totally inattentive, it's some looks and it's dependent on situation and road condition of course. I've been using AP for a long time and know what it can and can't handle. I'm almost curious to see if I dropped my seat, whether it would start alerting.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Yeah, they added that over a year ago.

Also it's not like I'm totally inattentive, it's some looks and it's dependent on situation and road condition of course. I've been using AP for a long time and know what it can and can't handle. I'm almost curious to see if I dropped my seat, whether it would start alerting.
Hmmm... never nagged me until I subscribed to FSD Beta.