Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
https://www.theguardian.com/technol...ta-leak-customers-employees-safety-complaints
I know this is a cybertruck forum and we're going to treat these reports with skepticism but this seems really bad to me. Hiding reports of autopilot failures, mandating that said reports are never done in writing ...
If I'm going to entrust my daughter's life to these systems, I need more confidence/accountability, I'm hopefully
waiting for Tesla's answer to this issue..
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Even if this is not true, I still believe the safest data is the one not collected and not stored.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
https://www.theguardian.com/technol...ta-leak-customers-employees-safety-complaints
I know this is a cybertruck forum and we're going to treat these reports with skepticism but this seems really bad to me. Hiding reports of autopilot failures, mandating that said reports are never done in writing ...
If I'm going to entrust my daughter's life to these systems, I need more confidence/accountability, I'm hopefully
They weren't 'hiding' the reports, they clearly kept and logged every one. The numbers are not vastly different from the ones reported by NHTSA. And of course, 'reports' do not indicate 'resolved' investigations.

The number of reports per millions of miles and millions of cars is not all that many.

-Crissa

OP
OP

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
They weren't 'hiding' the reports, they clearly kept and logged every one. The numbers are not vastly different from the ones reported by NHTSA. And of course, 'reports' do not indicate 'resolved' investigations.

The number of reports per millions of miles and millions of cars is not all that many.

-Crissa
Yeah, but trying to not leave a 'paper' trail of reports of malfunctions plus now reports of employees sharing in-car videos of us amongst themselves,. I'll be putting up some gaffers tape at the very least....

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Tesla’s corporate culture regarding the legal function (and so compliance), seeded by Musk’s own prerogatives, has long been in shambles.

It’s only a matter of time before it comes back to haunt the shareholders.

I’ll admit that as a corporate lawyer and a general counsel myself, I could be fairly accused of bias on this topic. But I’ll also admit empathy for business people like Musk, who take a dim view of the legal/compliance function: I, too, know the bane of the sorts of lawyers who cast a pall over the profession as a whole.

But like any profession of expertise (doctors, engineers, etc.), the work and the trick is to find the good ones, and then trust them.

The importance of finding and trusting the good ones increases as a company grows in revenue, as it grows in geographic footprint, as it grows in complexity of technologies

But as Tesla has matured, it’s basically an open secret that it, at Musk’s direction, has only become more dysfunctional and anemic in the legal legal.

A shareholder lawsuit filed in Delaware in ‘21 focused on the heavy turnover of lawyers leading Tesla's legal team in recent years, alleging that it “reflects the fact that none of them were able to exercise any independent advice on matters that differed from Musk’s desired outcome.” The company’s gone through six (could be seven now, no one can be sure of current status) GCs in the past 4 years, which is an unheard of sign of instability in the legal/compliance function of a company of this statute and comoliance complexity. The longest serving GC (5 years), was previously Musk’s divorce lawyer.

GC’s that don’t know, or don’t dare, to perform their obligations to the shareholders have the best shot of longevity (such as it is).
This clown car of a legal/compliance function is a key reason I own no TSLA stock.

If it’s only this sort of data breach that brings it home for shareholders, they’ll have been lucky. It can, and eventually is likely, to be something worse.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, but trying to not leave a 'paper' trail of reports of malfunctions plus now reports of employees sharing in-car videos of us amongst themselves,. I'll be putting up some gaffers tape at the very least....
The only sharing Reuters was able to find was 'in the course of work' on internal communications software.

In other words what they're supposed to do. If you leave out those bits, it does sound nefarious, doesn't it?

But everyone who's worked somewhere has that story from some customer or other that might be really embarrassing, but there's no way to lead it back to them.

-Crissa

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
How would your daughter be entrusted to these systems? Wouldn't think training FSD was appropriate for inexperienced drivers.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Data leaks are never good for any company.

If this turns out to be true, it truly points out INDIVIDUALS are the weakest point of any data security protocol. And really hard to prevent.

OP
OP

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
The only sharing Reuters was able to find was 'in the course of work' on internal communications software.

In other words what they're supposed to do. If you leave out those bits, it does sound nefarious, doesn't it?

But everyone who's worked somewhere has that story from some customer or other that might be really embarrassing, but there's no way to lead it back to them.

-Crissa
They've been sharing photos and videos of "intimate" moments and "sexual health items" if you think that's what "they're supposed to do" I think we have a fundamental difference of opinion and that's fine.
They also have gps location etc so we're not as anonymous as we might think.
My personal bigger issue is with the company attempting to disguise the safety complaints , either way not a good look and the gdpr violation could lead to fines up to 4% of sales, in other words, real fines that could actually affect shareholders...

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Then I recommend you stop using smart phones, tablets and computers.
The tired logic that because you trust someone, you have to trust everyone is a bit screwed up. Just because you take a certain amount of risk with one system or one business, it does not follow you have to take that level of risk with all systems and all entities. In fact statistically speaking you ensure a negative outcome if you do. I trust Google with my data not because there is no chance of data breach but because I had to trust someone to do what I needed to do and Google has enough financial muscle and incentive to put more in data security. That does not follow that I have to trust Ford with my data as much knowing it is a business that is about cars not data (at least not yet) and probably considers any money spent on security, lost revenue. I doubt you are OK with a camera in your bathroom hooked up to the cloud putting your toilet seat up and down just because you are using a laptop.

FrankMcEnnis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Express, Cj5, Rockcrawler
Country flag
As I understand with tesla, every single employee bad behavior is always tesla responsability and should reflect on the entire company and management.

FUD

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They've been...
Noted, no evidence was presented that this ever left the proper channels.

You can't exclude images without tagging them. You can't tag them without sharing them amongst the coders and taggers.

Some images they'd have permission to leave the channels, like the ones from Elon's garage, because they could ask him or have gotten permission.

-Crissa
Sponsored