Tesla Powershare Home Backup Installation For $9,082.00 In FV SoCal For My AWD: Too Much?

MyFirstElectricTesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz
Country flag
I just got a quote from Trout for $9,082.00 and have some questions:

- Is that price reasonable? I don't have anything yet.
- Can I get a different quote or only from Trout?
- Payment: I have to pay upfront and get reimbursed later? I believe it's only $4K right?
- If I refuse I can only get $700 to shop, correct?

200 Amp Panel
Existing panel is overloaded. Load calculation will not allow EV charger without a panel upgrade to 200 amps. Demo old panel and replace with a new 200 amp main breaker all in one. Solar ready. Includes all new breakers.
15 year warranty

Main Grounding System
Install main ground system to bring the current electrical system up to NEC code

Whole House Surge Protection
Due to new 2023 NEC code we will provide and install a whole house surge protector

Install a Tesla supplied Gateway
Install a Tesla supplied gateway within 5 feet of the main panel. This includes relocating the light loads from the panel within 5 feet

Installation of a Tesla supplied Tesla universal charger
Installation of a Tesla supplied Tesla universal charger within 10 feet of the panel. This includes the communication wiring to communicate with the gateway.

City permits and fees
Includes all permit, inspection and utility fees

Exclusions
Stucco repair. Price is valid if meter spot comes back in same location. Will require a utility meter spot which takes 7-10 business days to finish

Total$9,082.00
Sponsored

Cirrus SR22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I got a similar quote through Trout as well. I’m trying to get another quote but not sure how to reach Tesla.

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Electric Panel Upgrade Tax Credit - 30% up to $600 cap. IRS Form 5695. Dang not that helpful.

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
I have two Tesla approved electric contractors developing proposals for my install. One is in the Bay Area and the other is in my county. Since I live in SoCal and the Bay Area is in NoCal, I'm not sure how the Bay Area contractor will complete price wise. It will be interesting to see.

Sshaida

First Name
Sunil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla cybertruck
Country flag

- Payment: I have to pay upfront and get reimbursed later? I believe it's only $4K right?

200 Amp Panel
Existing panel is overloaded. Load calculation will not allow EV charger without a panel upgrade to 200 amps. Demo old panel and replace with a new 200 amp main breaker all in one. Solar ready. Includes all new breakers.
15 year warranty

Main Grounding System
Install main ground system to bring the current electrical system up to NEC code

Due to new 2023 NEC code we will provide and install a whole house surge protector

Install a Tesla supplied gateway within 5 feet of the main panel. This includes relocating the light loads from the panel within 5 feet

Installation of a Tesla supplied Tesla universal charger within 10 feet of the panel. This includes the communication wiring to communicate with the gateway.

City permits and fees

Exclusions
Stucco repair. Price is valid if meter spot comes back in same location. Will require a utility meter spot which takes 7-10 business days to finish

Total$9,082.00
I’m doing the exact same thing, 200 amp upgrade and universal charger. Got quoted today for $9,900. I live in socal

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag

200 Amp Panel
15 year warranty

Main Grounding System

City permits and fees

Exclusions

Total$9,082.00
That sounds about right, considering the amount of work involved. Over the years I have learned to accept the bid, not based on who has the lowest bid, but upon who seems like they are the most together, assuming the bid is in the ballpark.

Agassi

First Name
Goutham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Without the panel upgrade, 1 feet from the panel, outside meter right behind the panel, cannot be more simple than this. The quote is 4700… Seattle WA
Which includes installing universal charger as well ? Sorry I’m first time Tesla buyer curious to know the costs. Btw I live in issaquah.

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
The $4000 credit is only for beast there is no $4000 credit for AWD. With AWD you just get the equipment and only get the equipment if you pay for the installation from their electrician.

TickTock

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3; 2018 Model S; 2023 F-150 LIghtning
Country flag
Without the panel upgrade, 1 feet from the panel, outside meter right behind the panel, cannot be more simple than this. The quote is 4700… Seattle WA
Not sure about the OP's quote but this is outrageous. I just installed a Tesla charger for a friend in the exact same circumstances. Took an hour. $4000 for an hours labor is pretty good wages.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Not sure about the OP's quote but this is outrageous. I just installed a Tesla charger for a friend in the exact same circumstances. Took an hour. $4000 for an hours labor is pretty good wages.
You installed a 200 amp panel and a main grounding as well as the charger in an hour? Are you an octopus?? 😂😂
Sponsored